[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Queueing units in BFE (Unable tio queue units)
Queueing units in BFE
HarlinDate: Tuesday, 26/March/2013, 4:58 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello,

First post on this forum,

First of all, thank you for your attention and time.

I love the series and I bought some time ago the BFE from steam and one little issue is really ruining my gameplay experience. I can't queue units in production, I press shift but nothing happens, I can only add 01 at a time or place it on infinite training.

I've searched the on google and other forums and got no answer! If someone would kindly help me with this issue or maybe point me to the file responsible for the bindings...

I really would appreciate any help to fix this issue.

aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 26/March/2013, 6:12 PM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
But that's how the training of troops in this game is suppose to work. You can only queu artillery, officers, drummers and standard bearers. When you have enough formations of French Fusiliers for example just right-click on the unit card and the barracks will stop producing them.

You can not produce a full squad of troops in this game at once.

I really don't see the problem here.

I drink, therefore I am.

HarlinDate: Tuesday, 26/March/2013, 6:35 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
First of all, thanks for you answer.

On NW I could queue on barracks, on stacks of 5 units pressing shift.
Well if not possible, I will just adapt to it.

Anyway, thanks for the attention!

aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 26/March/2013, 8:18 PM | Message # 4
Count
My mistake. I thought you were talking about making full squads at once. And yes, that is a nice feature in NW (10 units can be queued). I bet it is still possible to enable it. If only someone could find where in the game files.

I drink, therefore I am.

Message edited by aiidii - Tuesday, 26/March/2013, 8:19 PM

NowyDate: Friday, 29/March/2013, 1:37 PM | Message # 5
Marquis
Awards: 1
I wonder why queueing units in BFE can ruining your gameplay experience?
Is it so important for you?

This game is quite fine.
However there are many worse things which could be improved.

aiidiiDate: Friday, 29/March/2013, 8:40 PM | Message # 6
Count
Queueing units is a very good feature when you alredy have a standing army and only need a few troops to fill the gaps after a battle. That way you don't have to worry about running out of living places or food. You can just hold shift and click unit card a few times and you get just enough soldiers you need.

Many times have I found myself under attack while I was reinforcing my depleted units. And while I was fending off the enemy attack I completely forgot my barracks was creating soldiers. So I found myself with hundreds of troops that I didn't need.

Added (29/March/2013, 8:40 PM)
---------------------------------------------
If someone can figure out where and how to enable queueing in BfE (as it is in NW) it would be greatly appreciated.

I drink, therefore I am.

HarlinDate: Saturday, 30/March/2013, 3:57 PM | Message # 7
Esquire
Quote (Nowy)
I wonder why queueing units in BFE can ruining your gameplay experience? Is it so important for you?

This game is quite fine.
However there are many worse things which could be improved.

I agree with you! There are countless other issues that should have received a better attention, but when it comes to RTS games, those little things make the difference for me. smile

NowyDate: Saturday, 30/March/2013, 7:31 PM | Message # 8
Marquis
Awards: 1
You siad that queueing units in BFE is really ruining your gameplay experience. Why?
In BFE Campaign you never create single soldiers. You can create only entire formations. There you never meet that mentioned problem.

In skirmish games of course you can create different types of soldeirs and then form them into formations.
There could be some troubles when you created too much different types of soldiers at the same time.

However when you have a good plan, you can create only one type of soldiers, then queueing units could not be a problem. 
When you create one or two formations, then you can switch into another type of soldiers and this way create new formations.

Few additional soldiers which can waiting around military buildings can not ruining your gameplay experience.

Some free soldiers waiting around your military buildings  could be helpful as fast reinforcements during hard combats.
They could reinforce your weakened formations. You can never predict how many and in what time you will need some reinforcements.
Especially when you will fight against enemy occupied villages or far away from own villages and military buildings.

Queueing units do not solve these troubles with different types of soldiers waiting around military buildings.

Then this can not ruining gameplay I suppose.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Queueing units in BFE (Unable tio queue units)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: