Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks II BFE Vista and XP
Cossacks II BFE Vista and XP
MarshalDate: Friday, 21/June/2013, 2:22 AM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello Hello,

I have a copy of Cossacks II BFE, and when I try to load the game on my vista laptop it says that starforce is incompatible.  It also asks me to load new libraries and then restart witch I do, but when I try to play again it says the same thing.  I have tried using the starforce removal utility and it only works half the time. 
The system specs on the vista laptop are as follows;
Intel Pentium dual core 2.10 GHz
2 GB RAM
Intergrated Graphics Card

My other computer runs XP, which I expected to have no problems with.  When I load the game it doesn't ask me for the key code that comes with the game.  I try again to play it, but until I ve tried about 6-7 times to play it finally asks me for the key.  Some time it tries to load and it shows that it's loading the game but then it comes out of the screen when finnished.  When it does ask for the key I put the key in and then it says that the key is wrong.  I don't know how many times I have done this but it is getting very annoying.
System specs for the XP computer are;
Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
1 GB RAM
NvIdia Quadro FX500

Now I know that Quadro GPUs are terrible for gaming, especially older versions. 

If you guys can help that would be fantastic!

Me (Marshal Berthier)

Added (21/June/2013, 2:22 AM)
---------------------------------------------
YES!!!  I DID IT!!  IT WORKS!  I won't take any credit for this as I found out how to get Cossacks II BFE to work on XP using Google.  Thank goodness for Google!  The way this fellow said to do it was to delete the two settings files in the data folder.  that's it, simple as that.  Just open up where in program files the game is located, open it up and you will see the RUN folder, click there and then you'll see the data subfolder.  You click on that and then scroll a good way down and you should find two settings files somewhere.  One I think has an extension like .XML or something like that, could be wrong though.  But they will be next to each other and then once you delete them the game should run!  Hope this works for those of you who haven't been able to enjoy this great game yet and wish to do so.  

One thing though, there is no guaranty that this will work with any other operating systems since this was done on an XP computer, not one of the more recent OSs.  

Me [HWK]MarshalBerthier
Also known on swordandarrow.ucoz.com as Marshal Andre Massena

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks II BFE Vista and XP
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: