[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » This game 'not possible' to play on Win8 really? (How to play C2 on win8 please help)
This game 'not possible' to play on Win8 really?
SeekerDate: Sunday, 26/May/2013, 6:18 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
i install C2 and can't run the game

it say ' this application can be launched with a release... 98/me/nt4.0/2000 .. '

i did everything .. compatibility to winxp, download ddraw.dll,

ALL OF THAT NOT WORK... PLEASE HELP

ps. i install patch 1.2 and when i run the game it just flash and back to desktop...

WIN8 64Bit

Message edited by Seeker - Sunday, 26/May/2013, 6:24 AM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 17/June/2013, 1:24 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
I have no idea what could be going wrong. I havent tried out Windows 8 yet. I was told to stay away from it for now.

But its certainly somewhat that will need adressing in the future. If anyone has any information relevant to the problem or what would be needed to fix the problem, it would be appreciated.

PedapanoDate: Saturday, 28/September/2013, 10:52 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Hey Seeker,
I got the exact same Problem...
First after installing the game on Windows 8 64-bit it says ' this application can be launched with a release... 98/me/nt4.0/2000 .. '
And after installing both patches, It flashes for a second and then goes back to desktop. You can even see the Cossacks2-logo pop up in the task-bar for half-a-second.
I really hope someone got a solution for this.

MarshalDate: Sunday, 29/September/2013, 2:19 AM | Message # 4
Count
If I were you guys I would either do a dual boot, or use a virtual OS.  That's the only way that I know of that allows the game to play. 

Here is some info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWRewE5GIcE

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/15-543-2

Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » This game 'not possible' to play on Win8 really? (How to play C2 on win8 please help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: