[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » BfEs new countries build no formations and do´nt attack
BfEs new countries build no formations and do´nt attack
DaddioDate: Saturday, 17/August/2013, 3:15 PM | Message # 11
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I unpacked the file in the mod and made a list of all the text files in them. then exchanged those.

Not sure if there is a better way or not.

One thing I was never able to change was the audio, it is still in German. but the mod works.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Ali123Date: Monday, 19/August/2013, 6:28 PM | Message # 12
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 1
Hi Daddio !
Which mod you´re talking about ? The only mod for BfE I found ist the Iron Man Mod and it is from Sammy Douitssch with helper from Agrid and Angel. Do I see there a Chance for new material to play ????? Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah.......
Fine regards from Germany
Ali123

DaddioDate: Monday, 19/August/2013, 11:50 PM | Message # 13
Marquis
We are referring to patch 1.4.

It only came out in Russian, and German.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

MarshalAndreDate: Tuesday, 20/August/2013, 2:17 AM | Message # 14
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Ok, well I can't download the patch.  It says file not found.  Can someone else send it to me?  I', logged in.

Thanks,
Me

FtoomshDate: Monday, 26/August/2013, 10:47 PM | Message # 15
Count
Group: Modders
Quote (Daddio)
I think the 64 git is the issue.we have had good luck with 32 bit windows 7, but I have heard of nothing that would make 64 work.

My Steam version of Cossacks 2 BFE which I purchased very recently works on my 64 bit PC with Windows 7 operating system. I suspect the Steam Company tweaked the game to work on 64 bit. When I start the game, it loads and then I get a brief flash of a message that says YOU HAVE CHANGED GAME DATA. INTERNET GAME WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE.

This seems to indicate Steam have changed some data to make the game display work on 64 bit PCs and modern graphics drivers. The message turns out to be not true. I can play internet games. Daddio and I have successfully played internet games but only I have been able to host. That would be a router issue unrelated to the 64 bit issue.

However, there are a couple of odd things about the performance of the software, not in-game but when logging in and out of the Game Shell and on exiting the game. On logging in to shell, the login sreen says "connecting to master server" and flickers rapidly while login is in process. It stays like this for 10 or 15 seconds looking like it has frozen but then it successfully logs in.

On exiting an actual game in the game shell, the software blackscreens. I have to ctrl-alt-tab to task list and select the C2 BFE program and terminate it. Then it gives a further message about some graphics error which I just cancel out of. (Iwould have to replicate that again to find that message - I don't remember off-hand what it says).

I think you mentioned that a good friend of yours can't play C2 BFE now on a PC with Win 8. I would suggest he try the following steps.

1. If he is using a disc of the game maybe give up on that and try a Steam Version. It costs about $20 US and you get several games; C2 and AC and a few others.
2. If that fails, consider buying an older fully functioning 32 bit PC second hand with Windows XP (and all Service Packs up to SP 3) plus the original XP OS discs or with Win 7. This would surely only cost about  $200 US these days. Then run disc copy of C2 BFE on that.

Personally, I consider that if you have a legacy RTS game that you really like then it is worth having an older dedicated PC to run it. They just aren't making good RTS games anymore so legacy RTS is where the good action is in my opinion. A night at a restaurant can cost a family more than $200. Why begrudge $200 to play your favourite game? That's what I reckon. smile

Message edited by Ftoomsh - Monday, 26/August/2013, 10:48 PM

kirjasbeltranDate: Sunday, 26/April/2015, 6:49 PM | Message # 16
Viscount
Group: Users
I'd love to be able to create formations in Spain, Rhine and Poland. I was forced to only play as the original nations France, Britain, Egypt, Russia, Prussia, and austria since i do not have problems creating formations

Added (17/March/2015, 6:40 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Can anyone here also teach me on what to do if i want to create formations when playing as spain, rhine and poland(other than the infantry uniits)

Added (26/April/2015, 6:49 PM)
is it possible to create formations with spain, rhine and poland cavalry units if you play the  stea, version? i'm planning to download a package version with cossacks 1, 2 and american conquest for 450 philippine pesos.. btw i'm from the philippines

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 28/April/2015, 11:57 PM | Message # 17
Marquis
The steam version of this game is able to make formations in all nations.

While we can not gaurentee this to work on your machine, it should not be a game issue.

kirjasbeltranDate: Saturday, 02/May/2015, 6:35 PM | Message # 18
Viscount
Group: Users
thanks, daddio. looking forward to purchase the steam version. i'll try it on my laptop. Windows 7

Added (02/May/2015, 6:35 PM)
updates.. i just installed the steam version of cossacks 2 and formation actually works with rhine.. i'll just update you should i be able to do the same with spain and poland(cavalry units only for this nation)

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » BfEs new countries build no formations and do´nt attack
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: