[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » BfEs new countries build no formations and do´nt attack
BfEs new countries build no formations and do´nt attack
Ali123Date: Wednesday, 07/August/2013, 5:02 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 1
Hello friends ! I own C2 and C2-BfE. A big Problem are the new nations in BfE (Polish, Rhein, Spain) in games vs. Computer. For example I Play French and PC Spain. This nations build no formations and do´nt attack. They build farmers and houses and all of this, and lots of soldiers come out of the barracks. But never they sample a Formation and start marching and so on. I can Play and attack and do what ever I want, no reaction. At the time my formations reach the enemies town I can see (and destroy) hundreds of build soldiers, but no defence...

Otherwise, if I Play Spain (or Polish, Rhein) and enemies side would be French all things go totally normal.

I started playing Cossacks on XP, now I have 7 64, but no Problems on this side.

Can you help me ? Thank you !

Ali123

DaddioDate: Thursday, 08/August/2013, 0:03 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Yes this is a bug with BFE. 

Funny thing is that version 1.4 they were able to fix this problem. but never made it available for English games.

If you have a Russian, or a German game you can download the patch and play in single player with all of the nations.

It may be possible to copy some folders from the patch and fix it as well.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

MarshalAndreDate: Thursday, 08/August/2013, 2:04 AM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Awards: 0
Hey,
How did you manage to get the game to work on Windows 7 64 bit?

Me

DaddioDate: Saturday, 10/August/2013, 8:04 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
I think the 64 git is the issue.

we have had good luck with 32 bit windows 7, but I have heard of nothing that would make 64 work.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Ali123Date: Monday, 12/August/2013, 4:38 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
Awards: 1
Thanks a lot, it works. I own a german BfE and I knew Patch 1.4 before. But I cannot explain why I did not found this effect. Maybe I lost hope before I found 1.4, maybe a little confused... ?? Now I understand, thank you very much !!!

BfE on Win 7 64 ? All I use is the "3D-Patch for high end graphic Cards" with the two files  d3dengine.dll and startengine.exe. You can find it here in this Forum:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/load....1-0-142

There you too can find more discussion for your problem because some people wrote this would not be work. All I can tell you is on my Desktop-PC with 7 64 it runs on 1440x900 ( I have a 24" Monitor) without compatibility mode or Starforce-drivers or others. Good luck !

bye

Ali123

MarshalAndreDate: Tuesday, 13/August/2013, 11:52 PM | Message # 6
Noblemen
Is there a way the patch can be translated to English?  I read somewhere that some guy did it for someone in English.  If not, then I'll get one in German since my bro understands some German and I can get by on what I know to be the right buttons lol.

Me

DaddioDate: Thursday, 15/August/2013, 1:52 AM | Message # 7
Marquis
I had some success at one time. I believe that you need to add the text files from your game to the new ones.

I have been away from trying to set them up for a year since I had no request for the mod.

MarshalAndreDate: Thursday, 15/August/2013, 2:15 AM | Message # 8
Noblemen
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say about the text files.  Is this a mod then not a patch?

DaddioDate: Thursday, 15/August/2013, 10:24 PM | Message # 9
Marquis
Yes, what I did was transfer the text files from my original game. (these are where the game pulls the text displays in the game) and replaced the German ones. this way I was able to play the mod in English.

MarshalAndreDate: Friday, 16/August/2013, 7:46 PM | Message # 10
Noblemen
Ah, I see, ok so I would copy them, then load the patch and then paste the text files in, no?  If that's it then I might try it over the weekend.  Oh wait, which text files would I transfer, all?

Me

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » BfEs new countries build no formations and do´nt attack
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: