• »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Patch 1.4 for BFE
Patch 1.4 for BFE
Slim_JimDate: Monday, 27/October/2014, 9:05 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi, I've looked for patch 1.4 online for a while and I only run into dead links and the russian .exe, which I've read does not function without a russian version of the game.

I bought the game on steam and they don't have it updated to 1.4, possibly because they can't find a way to install 1.4 either. Has anybody managed to patch an english version of BFE to update 1.4?

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 27/October/2014, 4:57 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
I dont think anyone has an english version of this unofficial patch.

Slim_JimDate: Monday, 27/October/2014, 11:02 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
According to this thread

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/27-396-1

It is possible to patch the game to this version. 

I have lots of questions about the game that the patch wouldn't fix, I realise now. There are mentions of factories, that I don't have the ability to create. The "Battle for Europe" button in Napoleonic wars simply sends me back to the main screen. There is no in-game stats for units from Rhine, Spain, or Poland. And my game crashes every second battle.

Finally, I can't install any of the maps available on this site. The .exe tells me that there is an error and that I should close the game and retry, but I am not running the game.

If anybody has solutions for these problems I would appreciate them.

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 28/October/2014, 8:18 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Daddio actually has the files from the patch, translated to english if i remember well. Though its not a proper patch.
But if its for offline play it should work i guess.
I'm sure he can explain more about it.

NowyDate: Tuesday, 28/October/2014, 8:51 AM | Message # 5
Marquis
Awards: 1
I doubt that there is English version in this case.
This unofficial 1.4 patch was made for Russian version. Of course you can install file one by one manualy and achieve similiar to 1.4 patch changes in the game. However you need to translate some things to English language. This is a long and hard way. Worse that it could be quite useless, because this Russian patch is not a brilliant.

If you like to do some changes in the game you could do it yourself. Many things are easy moddable.

For instance I did many changes in UnitsMD, orders.lst, orders groups.lst, Nations.NDS files in copy of my CII BFE game and these work improved many things there. In this case I did not need to translate any files. However I spent a lot of time to learn and tests what, where and how I can change in these files. I managed to do and test a lot of stats improvements, however I'm not a programmer or any computer expert.

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 28/October/2014, 10:39 PM | Message # 6
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I do have a partially translated English version of the patch. Some parts I was not able to change, commands, some of the comments the peasants make when commanded to perform a task etc. but it is very playable.

It works, and I have been able to play online with it in the 1.4 version of the shell.

But I was not able to build an installer for it. and you must install it one file at a time. and there are quite a lot of files, and not for someone who docent understand how to do this type of thing.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

21jhonnycashDate: Saturday, 13/June/2015, 6:24 PM | Message # 7
Esquire
Daddio, can you give me link to patch please?

DaddioDate: Sunday, 14/June/2015, 0:53 AM | Message # 8
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Well there is no link.

The only place it exist is on my computer.

Now there are several files, and they must all be installed separately. so you need to know how to get into the game files.

I will see about emailing them to you if you are still interested.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

21jhonnycashDate: Sunday, 14/June/2015, 5:01 PM | Message # 9
Esquire
Daddio, of cause I need to know how to install it, it will be great if you send them to my email an explain what to do with them later
I'm new in the forum and don't know can you see or not my email in my profile so here it is
21jhonnycash@gmail.com
and facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004792638698

P.S. thanks for replying me

Added (14/June/2015, 5:01 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Daddio, I wrote you message to PM and email, check them pleace

abeatonDate: Saturday, 20/June/2015, 1:42 AM | Message # 10
Esquire
Can any of you add me on Steam to reply to me how to install this or use Teamspeak or any way to contact me? My steam is President ab.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Patch 1.4 for BFE
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: