Hi Angel! :-)
Look at this picture please...

Thanks for help...

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 28/February/2010, 8:44 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
[KGR]-^K[o]K^-,

Myes, I see what you are trying to do. I must say, I have not tried this out myself, but I'm pretty sure that this is done trough scripting. Unfortunately I haven't had time to explain all the inbuild script class editors on the site yet, so if you got additional questions, don't hesitate asking because I have no idea what you know and what you don't know yet.

I see 3 ways of setting up a script to achieve this.

1. MainBeScriptEx

Small and not friendly script editor.
Ex in the class editors stands for External. Be stands for Battle Editor ( MainBeScriptEx vs MainBeScript)
The function you want to use is stored under : Operations --> SYSTEM --> "Set limit to scroll" and then hit 'add'

2. Battle Editor: (MainBeScript)

A better choice of editor, because its a big screen and works easier is the BattleEditor Script
Go to the BattleEditor first ( CTRL+E-->B) and then choosing the SCRIPT option and there hit the red MainBeScript bar. A new window will open:

Again, its the same option ( SYSTEM-->Set limit to scroll)
As for the options that need to be filled out:
It has 2 x and 2 y coordinates, which i believe is the top left corner and the bottom right corner, toghether constituing a square ( red sector) on your map.
Kinda unsure which other options it needs to work. I suggest you compare with an existing map script ( load map and read the script). If any other options are indeed needed and you are unsure how to set them up, let me know and I'll look deeper into it. ( Nodes,...)

3. Battle Handler:

There's a third option to set up scripts, though I don't think you will be needing this one. This one is again different giving more options, depending on how advanced you want your script to be.

Accessed by going to the battle editor, then choose the vVALUES Object and hit on the third red bar stating fBattleHendler.

The constant in these 3 editors is that they all have a MAIN SCRIPT function, the difference lies in it that the second and third editor have more options towards movie scripts, squad scripts, group scripts and lua scripts.

Additionnally, these script class editors are not documented as to how to set up all the options, but if needed, if you like to expand your scripts, I have detailed documentation on what all the sub options need, just haven't had time to post it on the site yet.

Best regards

[E-BEL]^_^Angel^_^

[KGR]-^K[o]K^-Date: Monday, 01/March/2010, 12:48 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hi can you make it for me please :-)
For you 5 min.. for me 1 hour :P hh really dont know ...

Here map
http://kow.ic.cz/Battle5.zip

Thanks

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 01/March/2010, 1:01 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
[KGR]-^K[o]K^-,

well, a year ago, i probably would have said: " ok, i'll do it for you".

But, I'm not getting help from anyone here with the things I do, so...I don't mind explaining things, but doing the actual work for someone else,... nah..., I have got plenty of things that I want to do without taking other peoples work. Even though it would go faster, it would still be more then 5 minutes for myself and that doesn't help anyone but you and me.

Far better to tell me what you don't understand or where you have a problem, so if other people encounter a similar problem , they can also see what the issues are and how to solve them. It will also tell me what is not clear and what should be explained on the site.

Really, give it a try, don't be overwhelmed by all the options, just try it out. Or is the language (english) in these class editors a barrier? They can be translated you know...

Have a look at the existing scripts , see how it's done there, you'r smart enough to figure out something simple like this. If it still fails after you tried, then I will have a look again.

Kind regards

E.A.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^-Date: Monday, 01/March/2010, 3:25 PM | Message # 5
Baron
Ah plz make it for me this is last thing...

And its dont work grr..

CTRL + E/ Battle Editor/ choose "Script" / "Editor Main BE-Script"/ MAIN INIT/ ADD/ ConForOper/Operation/ choose "system" and "set limit to scroll"/ ADD and when click on "PostLT" or PostRB so not work ...
In Main Script dont work too ...
Here Screen...

But if load other map where is this script and here this limit so here it work lol ...
here screen...

Message edited by [KGR]-^K[o]K^- - Monday, 01/March/2010, 3:29 PM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 01/March/2010, 3:33 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
[KGR]-^K[o]K^-,

Well, ok, you tried, fair enough. Let me explain properly.

Step1 : First of all you need to tell the editor what the x & y coordinates are for the scroll limit so it knows how much map to show. This is done trough the Battle Editor:

1. CONTROL +E --> (B) Battle Editor
2. OBJECT: vValues
3. Click on the red bar with "Editor vValues"
4. A new window will pop up with BEvValueEDIT
5. Select Point 2D and hit "add.."
6. Fill out a name (any), tick the visible box, and set up the X & Y coordinates. Repeat the same for the other point.
7. Press OK to 'save' changes.

Notes:
- Use Control + I in the editor to show X & Y positions, so you can read them of the information screen.
- You need 2 "2D Point" entries: one to define the upper left point of the box and one to define the lower right point of the box.

Step 2: Set up the script . As I have shown in previous post, use the battle editor to access the MainBeScript:

1. OBJECT: SCRIPT
2. Click on the red bar which says MainBEScript
3. A new window opens
4. Fill out a name & description
5. Under MAIN_INIT, choose to 'add' a "condition for operation"

Step 3 : Fill out the details which you have set up in Step 1:

1. Add 'SYSTEM' --> 'Scroll limit' as shown in previous post.
2. PosLT ( Position Left) : select the position you have entered in step 1.6
3. If you want to verify the correct coordinates, hit the + sign, not the bar with PosLT or game may crash.
4. Do the same for the other position (PosRB-Position Right Bottom)
5. Save by pressing OK

(Save Map)

Step 4: Test & Correct

1. In the battle Editor, select the PROCESSMenu
2. Hit the red bar with 'Run Script Process'
3. You should instantly see the mini map correcting itself and only showing the coordinates you have set up
4. Notice the blue little cross ( only if you have clicked 'visible' option in step 1.6. This is your coordinate. Use CTRl+I to correct values so you dont see anymore white textures ( or delete textures)

Note that the script is stored inside the map, so no need for distributing additional files if you wish to share your map with the world.

Kind regards

E.A.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^-Date: Monday, 01/March/2010, 5:53 PM | Message # 7
Baron
Edit :-)
Cool ! U Master for me because you know most about cossacks moding :-)
Hah thanks nice work...

Now here new screen...

With new parameters i use... And its nice ...
LT 3850,1450
RB 103350,11450

With help you need ?

Message edited by [KGR]-^K[o]K^- - Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 8:14 PM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 10:21 AM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Good. Now you know how to do it yourself. One of these days I'm gonna ask you for a favor back for all the help I'v given you bunny

E.A.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^-Date: Monday, 29/March/2010, 4:50 PM | Message # 9
Baron
Hi in MOD Battle for Europe
Map - Sector29.m3d = Hanower

You have here Current tasks ?
I not...

Just only kill enemy or capture points... This all ... and in this map bug i think ...in UP - LEFT - SIDE are army ... Look screen..

Can send me your Sector29.m3d please...

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map - sector
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: