• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map start-up error
Map start-up error
Muppet917Date: Sunday, 25/April/2010, 12:32 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hallo all, I'm afraid I couldn't find anything to do with this error elsewhere. I'm running NW 1.2 with Allied Offensive 1806, although I receive the same error with plain old NW 1.2.

I've installed a few custom maps using the provided installers, and all went well with the 'Map installed successfully' message. However, when I go to play the maps I receive an error message and a CTD:

"Assertion Failure (False):

File: ../ClassEngine\xmlQuote.hpp, line 122

Call Stack State:

[Cancel] [Retry]"

Only the cancel button works, however. Anyone seen this error before?

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 25/April/2010, 2:12 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Muppet917)
Hallo all, I'm afraid I couldn't find anything to do with this error elsewhere. I'm running NW 1.2 with Allied Offensive 1806, although I receive the same error with plain old NW 1.2.

I've installed a few custom maps using the provided installers, and all went well with the 'Map installed successfully' message. However, when I go to play the maps I receive an error message and a CTD:

"Assertion Failure (False):

File: ../ClassEngine\xmlQuote.hpp, line 122

Call Stack State:

[Cancel] [Retry]"

Only the cancel button works, however. Anyone seen this error before?

Hi Muppet917,

No I have not seen this error before. I will have to look in the engine what this error is exactly about.

It could be that it is because you have installed maps for the vanilla version and used them on a mod ( allied offensive), but that's speculation really. Can you provide more information while i look up the exact error pointer, such as, which maps did you install and if possible the content of Data\log.txt and Data\loading.log

Muppet917Date: Monday, 26/April/2010, 6:22 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
The trouble is, I don't believe it to be the mod, as I get the error in vanilla C2 as well.

I have installed:

The maps from the unfinished Russian patch. (I didn't expect these to work however due to versions. Simply an experiment.)

'Aga Map 01'

'Garnier01'

'Rocky Mountains'

Loading.txt =

Log.txt =

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 26/April/2010, 8:52 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Mye, your right, this isn't related to the mod.

Your logs look normal ( even with all those errors in it) and none relate to this problem.

I looked up the error in the source but it didn't shed much more light on it, so if I had to take a guess,i'd say something went wrong with the install of one of the maps.

Can I ask, did you by any chance install the map pack from cdv with those 3 extra maps in it? Because everyone that has installed it, has had problems with installing additional maps. Ofcourse its possible you did not install this pack and then the error is somewhere else.

I see 2 options here, either reinstall the game and install one map at a time to see which one is causing the error, or show me the content of following files:

- Data\Missions\missions.txt
- Data\Missions\SingleBatl.txt
- Data\Missions\SingleMiss.txt
- Data\Text\Skirbatlnames.txt

These files relate to map installation. Why? I got a gut feeling the error is to be found in there after looking in the source after seeing your error at line 122.

Could be wrong though.

Muppet917Date: Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 6:28 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
I think I may have installed the first CDV map-pack, but I remember when it first came out I received the same error. It's quite odd.

I've tried reinstalling the game before, oddly again with no positive results. I've re-installed about three times I believe.

Data\Missions\missions.txt =

Data\Missions\SingleBatl.txt =

Data\Missions\SingleMiss.txt =

Data\Text\Skirbatlnames.txt =

Thanks for all the help!

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 7:37 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Thanks for those files. Everything looks fine, except one thing:

Data\Text\Skirbatlnames.txt in the following lines:

#g_skirmish_1_TXT Garnier01
#rocky_mountains_TXT ROCKY MOUNTAINS#Skirmish19_TXT Track of war 1.4
#Skirmish20_TXT Four kings 1.4

which clearly should be:

#g_skirmish_1_TXT Garnier01
#rocky_mountains_TXT ROCKY MOUNTAINS
#Skirmish19_TXT Track of war 1.4
#Skirmish20_TXT Four kings 1.4

Did this happen on copy pasting the content here?

If so and it is as it should be, then I'm 99ยจ% sure the error comes from the cdv map pack, especially because you said you reinstalled 3 times and you still have the same problem.

I had it aswell , last year, no matter how many times I reinstalled the game, it would still give problems. The only way I got rid of the problem was by re formatting my drive where the game was installed. this ofcourse is a drastic measure. There has to be somewhere a file which has been installed with the cdv map pack which is causing this error, but I never found it. It surely is not present in the game folder, so I can only think its hiding somewhere in one of the local - appdata- temporary folders. I'v looked and looked hard for this, only to never find it, untill i got bored with it and reformatted my drive. Never seen the problem again eversince, but I also never installed the cdv map pack again.

I can not proove this, but you can take my word for it that the root of your problem is this map pack.

I think your out of luck here.

Muppet917Date: Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 9:36 PM | Message # 7
Noblemen
No, the oddity in file names didn't happen when I copied and pasted. It appears like that in the map-list too, yet I can still select both maps, strangely enough.

Re-formatting is, sadly, not an option for me, so I'll leave it as it is, unless I can find the file somehow. Is there anywhere else to search on the internet?

Edit: Might the file be in the registry somewhere? If so, a registry cleaner might solve the problem...

Message edited by Muppet917 - Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 9:36 PM

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 29/April/2010, 4:14 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Quote (Muppet917)
Edit: Might the file be in the registry somewhere? If so, a registry cleaner might solve the problem...

I strongly doubt so. Besides, even if it were there, you should not use register cleaners for an operation which can be run directly from your computer trough the "regedit" command. Those register cleaners usually are useless tools, install third party software , and what else not that isn't necessary.
And even if it is present in your register, you should take time to read how and what you can change there, because you can effectively ruin your computer's software in the blink of an eye when you don't know what you are doing in there.

Muppet917Date: Thursday, 29/April/2010, 6:10 PM | Message # 9
Noblemen
Well, I know the risks of course. I'll have a look at some point, I think.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 02/May/2010, 5:39 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Quote (Muppet917)
Well, I know the risks of course. I'll have a look at some point, I think.

Mye, perhaps you could go to control panel-->Map Options-->View Tab-->Tick "Show Hidden Files, folders, or drives"
Then go to
-C: ProgramData
-C:Users\UserName\AppData

See if anything is hiding in there that might relate to installed maps.

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map start-up error
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: