[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » How to delete zone's in the map editor
How to delete zone's in the map editor
EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 20/June/2009, 12:51 PM | Message # 21
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi daddio,

just curious if you finished your above discussed map?

Regards

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 23/June/2009, 11:55 PM | Message # 22
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
No not really.

I never was able to figure out why I couldn't load the map.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 24/June/2009, 11:49 AM | Message # 23
Site Administrator
Right,

As always I'm intrigued when i see a problem. So i set up your map for a skirmish. Appeared nicely in the skirmish list, but indeed on loading i get this:

Script for AI must be xml-file:neutral;.0-->clicked ok-->Assertion Error-->Ignore-->Game loads up-->Defeat-You have lost all your Town Centers.
Post screen gives a funny statement: Command Centers 2/ 1(lost).

Did you get the same error?

So either something is still left on your map from the 'Battle script' that shouldnt be there, since its more a 'skirmish map' now, or it could be something else that went wrong.

Ill revise your map in editor and try to see what is causing this.

Regards

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 24/June/2009, 1:19 PM | Message # 24
Site Administrator
Right, a couple tests later.

1 problem solved, 1 remaining to go.

The "Script for AI must be xml-file neutral.O-error" is solved now.
The"Defeat-You have lost your TownCenters-error" is still present.

First problem was an issue with the neutral resource villages. You apparently used the xxx.dip.xml files which are for players. You should have used the xxx.neutral.xml files for the 'neutral' 'brown' villages.(Eg. Coal.neutral.xml and not Coal.dip.xml,...)
On top of that, there was a coal mine ( on the right side) pumping out gold.

Now off to find why the map give's a defeat message. I'm sure this is smth silly.

Regards

Edit: btw, if I didnt ask how your map was going, would you have asked yourself what was wrong with it? Shy? Or did you gave up on it?
Never hesitate to ask questions. I love questions, it makes me learn stuff by trying to solve them happy

Edit 2: so i cleared out the red and blue cities and peasants and replaced them, now the 'defeat-you have lost all townhalls -error" is gone, but believe it or not that first error somehow surfaced again. Don't ask me how...I'm not getting it...either i screwed up or the map is bugged or smth...
I'll see if i get an aha-erlebnis , though i think the easiest is just make a new map from scratch, wont have these problems then....

The nice part of this story, is that I'v learned a few new things by trying to figure out your problems, like how to have an AI on your map that has already started playing ( if that makes any sense, for a headstart of the ai vs a human), how to add those red flags for start positions, how to set up start positions, how to delete that remaining 'blue zone' that was left on your map, how to start up the tactical AI , and a few more things i forgot cause i didnt write them down....anyway...

Regards

Message edited by EbelAngel - Wednesday, 24/June/2009, 8:22 PM

DaddioDate: Thursday, 25/June/2009, 0:40 AM | Message # 25
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Yes I had given up, I hate asking a lot of questions, or becoming a pest. most of this stuff is over my head and even if you explained it to me I'm not sure it would sink in.

But thank you for putting up with my problems.

I have tried a couple of maps, and have problems with the layout, and making them not look artificial.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 25/June/2009, 0:45 AM | Message # 26
Site Administrator
Hehe,

You should try using the ExTerrainEditor. (ctrl+E) It has already some rules setup for certain climate types. It cant get more random than that and it saves you painting a map for hours.

Easy to use once you get it actually.

Then you can still add stuff manually to it.

I wish we had one of those in the days of CI...

Well if you need help with it, let me know

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » How to delete zone's in the map editor
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: