[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » How to delete zone's in the map editor
How to delete zone's in the map editor
DaddioDate: Sunday, 03/May/2009, 10:16 PM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Very impressive,

Do you know how to remove Zones from AI maps.

I would like to use some of the maps from the campaigns and adopt them to random 1 v1 maps.

Daddio

ADMIN EDIT: sorry I split and moved your thread Daddio, but I reorganized the forum and put it in the appropriate section since its about map editing. Sorry for any confusion caused.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 03/May/2009, 10:25 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Daddio)
Do you know how to remove Zones from AI maps.

Hi,

do you mean an active zone like this?:

(insert pic)

You have to click on the stem ( the yellow line going to the bottom) untill you can move it around, once you can move it around, press DELETE. SImple as that, but it might take you a few clicks to get it to move around.
Or did you mean the AI active zones( in order words: the villages that can be captured?) in that case its different. if its this let me know, ill tell you how to do that then.

Regards

DaddioDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 0:38 AM | Message # 3
Marquis
Looks similar, but wording gos something like.

Zone 1 captureable.

And this does not work, I tried it.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 0:50 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Quote (Daddio)
Looks similar, but wording gos something like.
Zone 1 captureable.
And this does not work, I tried it.

Hmm, you sure its not the settlements zone's you want to delete?

Which skirmish map you are working on? Can you show me a picture?

For me the above works fine, im just thinking, do you have scroll lock on or off when you tried it? it might make a difference...

let me know

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 1:53 AM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Ok, silly me,

i should have realised that when you said 'capturable zone' its from the battles and not the skirmishes.

I think it looks like this, right? :

So, first, right click on the yellow thing that goes from the ground to the text box with ' capturable zone blablabla'. Make sure you get this screen on the right side as in pic below:

Open the options and press the X to delete the additional information. Then press ESC to quit this screen and select with your left mouse that yellow line again ( few clicks till you get the hang of it~scroll lock must be enabled to do this). Make sure you can move it around like i did on the picture below:

Then press DELETE. and it should look like this then:

That should do the trick.

Let me know if it worked out.

DaddioDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 3:52 AM | Message # 6
Marquis
Fantastic, Worked great.

What do I need to do to remove those zones?

Like just above the minni map?

Daddio

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 3:55 AM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
ah, at least somethings working then ;-)

I guess to make them dissapear above the mini map, you will have to save and reload the game. Not sure though,...should have a test at it.

Was just gonna watch a movie, and then go to bed, so, let me know if that didnt work with saving and reloading and ill have a look tomorrow first thing

regards

angel

DaddioDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 5:13 AM | Message # 8
Marquis
Yes it seems to have worked.

I have been wanting to do this for 3 years, everyone told me it was not possible.

So thanks very much.

And please let me know if I get to be a pest! happy

Now for my next question. On the maps there are areas that show up in a circle with different colors.

Any way to remove these?

I believe that these are markers for the mission maps of objectives, but not sure.

Thanks,

Daddio

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 4:49 PM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Ah, glad that worked out then, just got back home from work. Im not sure about your other question about the circle areas. I should have a proper look.

But what exactly do you plan on changing on the map and which map is it in particular?

Did you mean the round semi opaque areas that showed up near those above deleted zones, or is it the crosses that appear when you press control, or...?

I'll have a look in to it

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 04/May/2009, 5:41 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Right,

just a whild shot in the dark, but is this what you are on about in your last post?

I'm not sure atm how to change, delete or create new ones, cause in CI, there are no such of these zones, but i got an idea or 2 that im gonna test now to see if I'm right.

If this is not it what you were talking about in the last post, let me know, then I'll have a better look smile

Regards

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » How to delete zone's in the map editor
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: