[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Sinking buildings.
Sinking buildings.
DaddioDate: Wednesday, 26/May/2010, 3:46 AM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I have been working on a new map and have come across a new problem.

The buildings, animals, and everything added have begun to sink into the ground.

Where ever I have elevated an area, the buildings have sunk into the map.

Very strange.

Have you ever seen this?

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 26/May/2010, 7:28 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hehe Daddio,

Has there been an earthquake or something on your map? Noa's Flood perhaps? happy

Well yes I have seen this before but this doesn't just happen randomly. It could have many causes. Have you by any chance played around with settings such as EngineSettings Terrain Z Bias, which is supposed to be at 50? All buildings and units are levelled for this setting of 50. Or maybe did you use any of the advanced map editing codes such as "addhi (amount)? Or maybe used the SurfaceGenerator and didnt set up the terrain to level at a global map height of 50? Perhaps unknowingly touched some hotkeys?

Does this happen on other maps aswell or is it only one map?

And when you say 'the buildings have sunk 'into the ground, do you mean you first placed buildings and then elevated terrain and as such they appear as they are 'sunk' in the surrounding terrain.
Or are we talking worse here and you mean when you take a squad over a hill it just walks trough the hill instead of walking over the top of the hill.

Perhaps show me the map to see if I can make anything off it.
And does this happen on NW or on BFE, Vanilla , patched, mod installed versions? Also, in your Data folder, are there any $$$temp$$$.xml to be seen? And just one more: in log.txt and loading.log, is there anything that isn't there normally?(besides the couple of sound errors and a few missing textures:my_pyro.tga)

Regards

[E-BEL]Angel

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 27/May/2010, 4:54 AM | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Just had a look at the map you sent me by mail.

I can't see anything weird with it. The only area where there are buildings on a higher terrain are in the left top corner ( that gold mine and those deer) and they show up leveled with the higher terrain properly. Dropped a squad on the map and let them run over it, and they just walked normal over it.

Can you answer the above questions please so I can make more sense off it?

Regards

E.A.

DaddioDate: Friday, 28/May/2010, 0:50 AM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Funny thing, When I tried it tonight it was fine.

I tried to recreate what I was doing and found out the I hit ctrl-f7 and everything sinks.

I did not know this would happen? or why it would even be a function of the editor?

Thanks for looking it over for me anyway.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Flame_MasterDate: Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 7:38 PM | Message # 5
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I guess its that Disable 3d mode in the AC game ported over to Cossacks 2...

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Sinking buildings.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: