• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » AI behaving odd on custom maps
AI behaving odd on custom maps
EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2009, 12:45 PM | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Well, just been testing my own custom map for CII that I'v been creating the past few days.

It's a bit odd. Things seem fine at first glance. Everything seems to work properly. After a few minutes my AI opponent arrives with a squad, but instead of attacking me, it goes of to one of the uncaptured villages near my starting point.

I think cool, its trying to steal my resources before I can.

Couple minutes later a horse squad arrives and sneaks past the road to attack my farm.

Ok things seem fine so far. I'm ready for a first attack, sent some horses to scout.

But here it goes wrong. On arriving in the AI camp, there is not one formation ready.

So I go see if they captured the villages nearby with resources, but they simply haven't.

Now as to why it tries to capture the villages near my camp ( the other side of the map) with one squad but fails to capture the villages that are nearby the AI camp , somewhat eludes me at the moment.
Obviously without the resources ( coal, iron,....) it cant make formations or even shoot. So bottom line is, why does it behave so odd.

AI was automatically activated, so no changes were made to it. Fresh map from scratch so no interferences whatsoever.

Gonna have to scout around to find information about this one, or hopefully someone knows an answer to this.

Regards

Angel

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2009, 5:17 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Normal AI attacks are as follows,

You will be rushed with the first 2 to 3 formations built by AI.

They seem to follow your main troop concentration.

They attack the closest village to your troops.

After the first engagement they seem to hold up close to camp.

But if you wait they will come out. Again attacking the closest troops.

Some AI is more aggressive than others. The best is French, then Austria, Prussia, and then Brits, Russia is only fair. Spain, Poland, and Rhine do not work very well at all.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2009, 10:42 PM | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Yeah, i guess i shouldnt have taken Russia to test with.

I'll just change ownership for the closeby villages so the AI does not need to capture them and hence has no resource problem and i hope it will attack faster then, cause it was way toooooo sloooooowwww. If it doesnt work to my likings, gonna have to write custom triggers to go with the map if played with AI.

Thanks for your comment.

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » AI behaving odd on custom maps
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: