[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Primary building and village defense questions (Primary building and village defense questions)
Primary building and village defense questions
aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 02/November/2010, 11:22 AM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Hi to all!

I've made a village where the primary building is from the GORAUS submenu. This primary building is also part of a town, so naturally the townspeople also come out of it (along with militia and peasants) when peace mode is off. I do not want to disable city life in the options because I don't want a ghost town.

1. Is it possible to somehow disable townspeople from this primary building but still keep the militia and peasants?

2. Also, I've been playing with the option to replace the militia for this village with English Riflemen. The original formation is a squad of 15 men. I've set the option for 2 squads (that is I've raised the limit to 30). It does work, however the riflemen do not group together in formation like militia does. Could this be because I'm using a building from the GORAUS submenu or is only militia capable of grouping in formation?

3. Is it somehow possible to assign militia/riflemen/... to town buildings (again from the GORAUS submenu)?

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

DaddioDate: Thursday, 04/November/2010, 11:24 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I don not believe that you can disable the city life from a map on a single building.

Might I suggest that if you have other building in your village, that you make them the building that is tied to the peasant and guards production and leave the "GORAUS" building to only produce the city life aspect.

When you change the troops in the squad, then you must use the size formation that they use in the game. 45 for Calvary, 120 for muskets, etc. I am not sure why your riflemen do not form up. they should. Possibly something in the way you wrote the file.

I would try again, and experiment with other troops, or better yet place your file verbiage here and have one of the modders look at it and give you some advice.

I am afraid that there is no way that I am aware of to create troops from buildings other than in villages. But it is interesting idea, I will try some experiments and get back to you.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

aiidiiDate: Friday, 05/November/2010, 7:37 AM | Message # 3
Count
Thanks for the reply kind Sir.

I've been using UnitEgrNG(EN) from the England.NDS file. This one is for Riflemen. Like I said, they do come out from the building but don't hold formation. I've also tried with only 15 men in village defense and still no cookie. I get the same result with an ordinary neutral village, where the primary building is from the SELFRA submenu. I have yet to try with other types of troops.

Regarding city life. I know I could just use neutral townspeople from the Britain unit submenu. One minus though is the probability of them getting killed by case shot. That way they can't be replaced if city life is off.

Anyway, I've attached a test version of the map. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Cheers
aiidii

Attachments: Redesign-DoW.m3d (550.0 Kb)

I drink, therefore I am.

DaddioDate: Friday, 05/November/2010, 11:45 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I looked at your map, Very nice job.

I was not able to find any guard units other than the standard units.

All units formed up into 15 troop formations for me?

One question, are you selecting the peace time icon? For they will not form up unless peace time is turned off.

Daddio,

PS, great job on the marsh!

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

aiidiiDate: Saturday, 06/November/2010, 7:21 AM | Message # 5
Count
Hi again!

I must have forgotten to save the riflemen in this file. If you could just input the UnitEgrNG(EN) copid and see the result for yourself.

Yes, I have turned off peace time using the W button on the keyboard. Regular militia does make formation in all villages, neutral and for players 0 and 1. If I use regular militia in those 3 villages attached to the town they do make formation, only Riflemen don't.

What I wanted for this town was to have defenders of higher class than regular villages. Because it's a town and not a village. I can still use just neutral riflemen formations as town defenders, but then they won't get replaced when wiped out.

Glad you liked the map. Still some work to be done. I'm thinking of expanding the marsh just a little more over the road to the left; adding another food village in the upper right corner bellow that weird road curve; some wild animals;...

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

AgridDate: Saturday, 06/November/2010, 7:26 PM | Message # 6
Knight
Group: Mappers
Awards: 0
The good maps, was pleasant to me
Well done work is already visible smile

AgridDate: Monday, 08/November/2010, 10:17 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Group: Mappers
Awards: 0
Has made a screenshot + a maps fitter in English

Attachments: 3557701.jpg (305.6 Kb) · Redesign-DoW.rar (1.09 Mb)

Message edited by Agrid - Monday, 08/November/2010, 10:37 PM

aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 7:31 AM | Message # 8
Count
Thank you Sir!

It looks sweet.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 03/December/2010, 3:18 AM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
"1. Is it possible to somehow disable townspeople from this primary building but still keep the militia and peasants?"

It actually is possible, but it involves modding a file in the Data folder and as such might not be advisable to do if you want to play online and cant be distributed within the map itself.

But if you want it so for your own pleasure while playing offline:

Go to Data\CityLife\CityPopulation.xml

You can open this file with wordpad or note pad.

It will first state the units that come out of the buildings and their characteristics and then further down you will see this::

Dom
GorFraDom1_1(GFR)
GorFraDom1_2(GFR)
GorFraDom1_3(GFR)
GorFraDom1_4(GFR)

This list states the buildings from which the villagers can come out off. So find the name off the building you don't want them to come out from and delete that line.

Nice map. Keep up the good work.

aiidiiDate: Saturday, 04/December/2010, 7:51 PM | Message # 10
Count
Thank you for the info.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Primary building and village defense questions (Primary building and village defense questions)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: