[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Various editor bugs & errors, I'd love some help please.
Various editor bugs & errors, I'd love some help please.
DisloyalhereticDate: Wednesday, 10/November/2010, 11:42 PM | Message # 11
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The flat parts/default textured parts are unworked upon :P. I will make the rises on the worked terrain more noticeable, then.
Oh, and the large field will be the start position for a player, I've checked that there's enough space for a town center and a barracks etcetera, from there on the player must expand outward.
The general map plan will be for sheltered bases, as with the cliffs/mountains around the village edges, and lots of open plains in the middle, for 'proper' 18th century style battles.
Must remember to make some good accessible cliffs for cannons :P.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 11/November/2010, 4:13 AM | Message # 12
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
lol swell

Non progredi est regredi

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 11/November/2010, 7:45 AM | Message # 13
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Hi!

Using stuff from the OLDMOST submenu will definitely crash your game. If you have to, you can use stuff form the DAMBA submenu. Building bridges is a tricky thing in CII editor and I strongly advise you against having them on your map. It is better to use shallow water for river crossings.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

DisloyalhereticDate: Friday, 12/November/2010, 8:50 PM | Message # 14
Noblemen
Thanks again, aiidii.
Here's a progress picture of the Gold village & the aforementioned accessible cliff.

Each side will have roughly the same cliff, so as not to give any advantages to a particular player.
I'm thinking 2 players at the moment, maybe 4.
4 might be pushing it a little though, just the first player's villages take up a good quarter of the map...
I guess this is the reason why there aren't many maps that allow more than 2 players.

Added (12/November/2010, 8:50 PM)
---------------------------------------------
'Nother question, I installed Daddio's map, "Team", and it is in the skirmish folder as usual, but it doesn't show up on the skirmish menu ingame...
Edit: I tried to play MP on this map with a friend, but we couldn't set our numbers/teams. Also we couldn't tick the "ready" box without being the same colour, which was something we didn't want.
Anyone know why?
2dit: My friend tested it in SP skirmish mode, where it crashed.
3dit: Downloaded another 3 player map, "3 generals". It doesn't show up in the skirmish map list either.
4dit: Downloaded a 4 player map, "RIVERTOWN". It works, but is an FFA.
I guess no "team" maps work. Why is this?

Message edited by Disloyalheretic - Friday, 12/November/2010, 9:12 PM

aiidiiDate: Saturday, 13/November/2010, 10:03 PM | Message # 15
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
That map crashes on me too. But it does show in the skirmish list. Should run it through editor to see if it can be fixed.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

DaddioDate: Sunday, 14/November/2010, 6:27 PM | Message # 16
Marquis
Awards: 4
Sorry for the slow replay, I did not see you edits till today.

The team map has set colors and teams. This is so that when you play as a team you will be next to you team mate and not scattered.

This is an option more for the 4 player teams than 2. It is an attempt to keep the game fair.

I can make a version for 2 players, with out these options if anyone is interested?

I was not aware that the map crashed. I have played it many times in multiplayer with no problems.

Doe's it crash at the start or as the game is played?

Are you in C2NW or BFE?

I assume that you found the problem with the menu since you have played the map with a friend?

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

DisloyalhereticDate: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 10:41 PM | Message # 17
Noblemen
The map crashes as the game is played, IIRC sometimes it auto-defeated the players, stating that all town centers had been lost.
I'm using C2NW, and I didn't actually find anything, more an absence of :P.
My friend hosted the game and I joined, whereupon I found I could not see the map in the selection menu, as with trying it in single player.
My friend could, however, so we started a game and came upon the crashing.
While in the lobby, I noticed the team numbers for the host (and for him, mine) were flashing between "1" and "-", I don't know whether this has any relevance or is just a bug.

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 17/November/2010, 1:03 AM | Message # 18
Marquis
Awards: 4
The map was created in C2BFE, so I am sure that it has something to do with the version difference.

Not really much I can do about that though.

Sorry,

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Various editor bugs & errors, I'd love some help please.
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: