Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » CII Map Editor Information
CII Map Editor Information
EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 25/June/2009, 3:49 AM | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
CII Map Editor Information:

Won't post it here, since it will mess up the structure of the txt file, so click on the link below:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/CIIMapEditor.txt

Got Questions regarding this? Post below

Regards

DaddioDate: Friday, 26/June/2009, 7:21 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Amazing, where were you 3 years ago?

I am very impressed that you could figure all this out.

I have tried and messed up so badly that I had to erase my files and start all over. So I now have no maps to even experiment with.

A great deal of work, and I for one appreciate it.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 26/June/2009, 9:41 PM | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Hehe

Well, 3 years ago, i was still working like a fool, since my promotion, i got more free time on my hands,...

I'm am surprised really that nobody has brought out a full mod for this game ( IG mod is just tweaking stats really).

On top of that there is virtually no information on the net for this...

I'm lucky to have seen a lot of game's in my younger days, so i usually somewhat understand what the stuff is about, especially when it comes to mapping, when it comes to modding, count me in with the rookies.

I'm glad you appreciate it.

Will take me a while to figure it all out, but we'll get there eventually, its just i can be very lazy sometimes. I work best when i get questions from other people or when I'm intrigued...

btw daddio, do you know which sites CII players are active on, I'm more a CI player really, so dont know to much about CII community.

DaddioDate: Friday, 26/June/2009, 11:24 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Well, I have seen you on most of the active ones, Ruka, Gaurd, and ARMO are active sites for Russian, Gamershall and Die schwarze for german, and autionuios for the french. of course cdv have sites for French, German, English and Russian. The Russian has the most good information but is very hard to understand.

Should you decide to do a mod for c2, I would like to help at least on the game play side.

OC Davout was in the process of doing a mod with new units and all. but a virus wiped all of his work and he abanded the effort. but what he showed us was really nice.

He did show us some screen shots of units from bad dogs c1 mod that also looked great. BD made some really beautiful units.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 26/June/2009, 11:30 PM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Thanks, ill try check some of those clan sites.

Im aware there is a german version of the cdv forum, but never seen the french (interested) or a russian.(links?, well i'll google for them).

I heard about davout loosing his stuff due to a pc crash, sad story that is.

If we want to do a mod, we need someone who is good in graphics or is willing to spent time for CII graphics, i suck badly at art, and by the time i will have learned to make decent models, it will be way too late.

Regards

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 22/July/2009, 0:40 AM | Message # 6
Marquis
Having some problems, I have added my mines, and secondary buildings, given them both group names.

Filled out the Second group name, with my second building.

But my peasants come out of mine and stand around?

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have a map making guide here on your forum?

Daddio

Message edited by Daddio - Wednesday, 22/July/2009, 0:50 AM

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 22/July/2009, 0:57 AM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Quote (Daddio)
Having some problems, I have added my mines, and secondary buildings, given them both group names.
Filled out the Second group name, with my second building.
But my peasants come out of mine and stand around?
What am I doing wrong?
Do you have a map making guide here on your forum?
Daddio

No havent finished the map making tutorial.

So i presume you saved and then tried it out, but the peasants are just standing there? do you got the round symbol on the mine denoting the village?
Perhaps send the map for inspection, ill quicker see what it is like that cause an issue

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » CII Map Editor Information
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: