[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » How does one get rid of these? (Scripts?)
How does one get rid of these?
aiidiiDate: Monday, 04/April/2011, 11:28 AM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3

I take it these are scripted commands or something. Can't seem to find where/how to delete them.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 0:07 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Are these on a current map?

Or one that you created?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 8:50 AM | Message # 3
Count
It is the second map from the Spanish campaign from BfE. Basically I'm just adding up on the number of villages. There's gonna be plenty of them. And getting rid of all the palm trees and some other green stuff (hope eco-fascists aren't reading this).

I want to get rid of those thingies so they don't possibly screw me over and crash the game when I want to play the map. I'm guessing I'll have to modify some game files for that, right? But where and how is beyond me at this point. Game editor really frustrates me sometimes. sad

P.S.: And another thing, I have forgotten what's the command to make a building as a depository for the workers at mines to place goods in. It seems I haven't written it down.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 11:41 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I have had the same problem early on. Never really solved that one.

I decided it was easier to make my own maps.

They really have no effect other than showing on the "Mini map"

The command you are looking for is "sklad 1" the make any building a warehouse.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 07/April/2011, 10:38 AM | Message # 5
Count
Quote (Daddio)
They really have no effect other than showing on the "Mini map"

That's a relief.

Quote (Daddio)
The command you are looking for is "sklad 1" the make any building a warehouse.

Ah, the good old sklad 1. I'm gonna write it down now. Thanks.

Cheers
aiidii

Added (07/April/2011, 10:38 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Well, I've tried....and first got an introductionary information for the map and then immediately a defeat message. Those ID thingies seem to link up with some game files I can't find.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

Message edited by aiidii - Thursday, 07/April/2011, 10:38 AM

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 10:23 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
aiidii,

Here are all the codes that you can use on the maps, in case you forget again:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/codes/0-218

There's more off them but they dont relate to map making.

On your issue with the existing mission map:

Those ID points are linked up to the script which runs the mission. It is very likely that changing or deleting half or none off them will cause unexpected gameplay while trying to play the map as a "skirmish" map, such as defeats and other oddities.

It is however possible to clean out the scrips and related links on the map itself as shows on your picture. A proper clean out will result in a blank map which should be playable as a skirmish map.

I haven't had time to finish writing down all information on how to set up scripts for mission and how to get rid off them, though there is some information that might get you started to clean up the map you would like on these pages:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/c_ii_advanced_editors/0-208

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/c_ii_battle_editor/0-274

What you see on your picture is a node, it is used for a variety off things to set up the scripts.

Read a bit here to get an idea off how to access the node menu:
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/battle_editor/0-246

There is a drop down menu where , after selecting the node, you can DELETE it.

If you are on BFE, you might need this file in order to access th CTRL +E Advanced Editors:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/load....-1-0-19

Note, that besides Nodes, there may be other things on the map, such as vGroups, Edges, Camera Points,... they would all need to be deleted to ensure the map plays normal and not in mission mode.

Moreover, you will also have to delete the scripts itself to which these nodes are linked up, or the script will still run and try to find these points on the map.

You can choose to clean out the script itself trough the BattleHandler, Script Handler or MainBeScript or delete the link to the custom script in the map options.

I'm well aware this may somewhat be confusing to try out and may be quite a lot off work, but just remember that everything that has been added to the map, can be deleted as the developpers started with a blank map aswell.

Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask more question on deleting something specific if you run in to problems.

Regards

aiidiiDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 7:51 PM | Message # 7
Count
1. Managed to get rid of ID nodes, still got a defeat message though.
2. Deleted some additional scripts and successfully entered the map. Two problems occured: Resources were still set for campaign even though I've changed them using editor options. And those three letters that usually contain hints during campaign play were still present (though no hints would show when I clicked on those letters).
3. Went to the editor again and must have over-deleted some stuff because when I saved the map and tried to play it the game crashed and kept crashing every time I'd try to run it. I couldn't even get to the Main Menu.
4. Have saved the last working map to another disk and deleted the game.
5. Will reinstall later tonight.
6. Need some strong liquor...

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 8:06 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
LOL

I forgot to say, that it is advisable to mess around on a copy off the game, because some off those advanced editors are closely linked to modding and , well out off experience you always mess up something somewhere.

So after you reinstall the game, copy it to your desktop and mess a bit around there, but you seem to get closer. If resources still overwrite what you setup it means there is more scripting to be checked and cleared out.

Possibly aswell, though maybe you are already doing so, save in sequential mapnaming. eg:

MissionSkirmish01, MissionSkirmish02, so in case you royally mess up you can fall back to an earlier version. When you got it finally working, save under a final name and delete the temporary saves.

When you got it working, dont be shy to upload. Always had those nicer missions maps on my to do list to make them into playable skirmish maps, but as you can see, its a lot off work, never got around to do it.

aiidiiDate: Sunday, 10/April/2011, 12:53 PM | Message # 9
Count
Well I've managed to get rid of campaign resources. The game itself starts normally, each player now gets custom resources that I've set up through the editor and the AI starts building structures and units. Those hint letters are still visible. The main problem is that once the AI defeats me there is no end of game. I have lost all my villages, all neutral villages were also captured by the AI, my town center was destroyed and the game still runs.

Any hints?

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 10/April/2011, 8:58 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Quote (aiidii)
The main problem is that once the AI defeats me there is no end of game. I have lost all my villages, all neutral villages were also captured by the AI, my town center was destroyed and the game still runs.

Did you check the victory rule in the map options? VC_DestroyTownhalls or whichever victory condition you want for your map.

(3) on the image on the following page:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/map_options/0-241

About those 'letters' I'll have to think why its still showing up, its possible that that is scripted somewhere outside the main script, but there are so many options in there that I dont remember right away.

*EDIT*

Please check following screen:

CTRL+E - > Battle Editor ( B ) - > vValues - > EditorValues - > (new screen opens) BE vValue EDIT-> vValues:

See if there are any vValue's still listed there, amongst other things like camera vector points, timer, dialogues, etc...I believe those "letter" message are coming from here too.

Delete everything in there as it is all related to the script by clicking on the right X.

If this does not delete the "letters" from your map, then it has be coming from somewhere else and I'll have to actually check that specific mission you are trying to clean out.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Sunday, 10/April/2011, 10:52 PM

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » How does one get rid of these? (Scripts?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: