[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map sizes in CII (Are there different map sizes or not?)
Map sizes in CII
MarshalDate: Wednesday, 23/July/2014, 9:56 PM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello to all, to all hello,

I was wondering whether or not there really aren't different map sizes in CII, NW or BFE.  If not what has to be done to enable larger maps?  The game developers got larger maps in CI and AC, so there has to be a way to enable larger maps in CII.  I read somewhere, wish I could remember where, that both CII and AC share the same basic game engine but in CII the engine is modified and more up to date in that it used a more recent version of programing language.  But programing aside, aren't some of the Battle for Europe maps larger than others?  Maybe I'm seeing things again, or maybe I am dreaming again, happens too often.

Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 23/July/2014, 10:39 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Regrettably only one size map in C2.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 23/July/2014, 11:31 PM | Message # 3
Count
Is there a way to modify the engine?

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 24/July/2014, 6:40 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
There are actually 2 default map sizes possible in the vanilla version , but there's no interface to select it from ( can be added)
There's also some where an editor that allows you to custom fill out values for the size. (Ex landscape editor or one of those). I distinctively remember adding this option to a new editor to manipulate the map easier.

However, if you load up the editor by default it is the largest map available.

Which means if you'd want larger it would have to be done trough modifying the engine. I can tell you, its not just changing a number somewhere. It would be a bit more complicated than that.
It might also have consequences for pathfinding and whatnot.

MarshalDate: Thursday, 24/July/2014, 10:51 PM | Message # 5
Count
Path finding, you mean in-game it won't register?  I wish I could take programming language this semester at my college but I can't.  Has anyone ever modified the game engine before?  If so, could you link me up with that person so that I can maybe learn a trick or two.  I am having a hard time learning to use C++ with out knowing basic programming language.

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 24/July/2014, 11:18 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote Marshal ()
Path finding, you mean in-game it won't register?
It was just an example of how if you change one file ,other files need changes aswell. Its not just gonna be changing one number in the engine and magic , poof bigger maps.

MarshalDate: Friday, 25/July/2014, 6:23 PM | Message # 7
Count
Quote EbelAngel ()
It was just an example of how if you change one file ,other files need changes aswell. Its not just gonna be changing one number in the engine and magic , poof bigger maps.
Oh, I thought you meant something entirely different.  I totally understand then.

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map sizes in CII (Are there different map sizes or not?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: