• «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Introducing Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers
Introducing Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers
MaximusDate: Tuesday, 06/December/2011, 1:49 PM | Message # 11
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
First of all, I am pretty convinced that no one is to develop a game like CII anymore. We live in the era of "arcadish/superduper graphics games". Improve what you've got, I say. And all we have is this exceptional game.
I am in love with the aesthetic aspect of the CII. In the name of immersiveness it's the best platform of Napoleonic warfare. BUT I have to admit is based on an old and capricious game engine (i.e. starforce drivers). "An old game" means that there aren't that many people playing or modding the game anymore. The concept of compromise comes, only if we are not able to fullfill our wishes and thats what exactly is happening in the case of CII.
I will be grateful if we could manage to introduce:
-Units groups (companies, battalions etc).
-More troop units (like hungarian grenadiers :)) with proper uniforms, proper sounds (drums, pipes, flutes, marching sounds, orders etc).
-Generals, Marshals and commanders on battlefields.
-POWs (a proportion of the enemy fleeing the battlefield could return in a camp. Clicking on this camp (located in your village) you can see the number of your POWs.
-No player-built buildings just conquer villages (along with plain manageable logistics).
-Autofire option just for the first line (in order to keep me alert).
-Replace priests with Army Surgeons (maintain them only in the Russian army). The forward army surgeons tents could restrain some friendly troops from fleeing the battlefield and make them automatically available again (make like they were injured and recovered from their injuries). Also (like priests) can help shore up a unit against an enemy onslaught by healing them (light injured soldiers).
-Ceasefire when a friendly unit make a melee attack.
-Historically accurate formations (e.g. Allied Offensive 1806: two line formation for cavalry and Austrian army line formation)

Message edited by Maximus - Tuesday, 06/December/2011, 7:36 PM

NowyDate: Tuesday, 06/December/2011, 8:02 PM | Message # 12
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Glad to see such remarks. It looks that you know something about rts games, including C2 problems.

Yes, it is hard to believe that someone will develope game as like C2. Worse that there are not many modders which would like and can develope big mod.
Few men worked independet and they realised only few mods, but there are needs for good organized profesional team work.
It looks like mission impossible. Nevertheless eveybody can dreaming. Maybe one day it will happend.

I see that you cast some fine things needed in the game. I got the same wishes and agree with you in cases of your first five and the last one points.

But autofire options could be implemented for all ranks. I and few other members put some remaks in that matter in few earlier threads.
This option could include units experience or players orders given long before - what range and how soldiers could start fire.

Army surgeons, medical tents or camps and services are fine ideas. But priset still could exist, at last many nations were motivated by priset e.g.
Russian, Spaniards and Egyptians.

Ceasefire is disputable at last there were many friendly fires at that period e.g. at Wagram or Borodino.

MaximusDate: Tuesday, 06/December/2011, 8:40 PM | Message # 13
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Quote (Nowy)
But autofire options could be implemented for all ranks. I and few other members put some remaks in that matter in few earlier threads.
This option could include units experience or players orders given long before - what range and how soldiers could start fire.

It's quite complicated matter in my opinion. I'd like to have the control of the firing order. In many cases it is vital to save your fire in order to avoid annihilation. Units experience is essential though.

Quote (Nowy)
But priset still could exist, at last many nations were motivated by priset e.g.
Russian, Spaniards and Egyptians.

I agree, especially for Russian and Spanish army (e.g. the Russian church procession up the hill from Borodino).

Quote (Nowy)
Ceasefire is disputable at last there were many friendly fires at that period e.g. at Wagram or Borodino.

It's true. There is also the Waterloo incident where the Prussians mistakenly fired on British artillery causing many casualties, and British artillery returned fire at them.
But these incidents are the exception, not the rule.

POWs and army surgeons are quite historically accurate and immersive additions in my book.

NowyDate: Thursday, 08/December/2011, 6:39 PM | Message # 14
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote (Maximus)
POWs and army surgeons are quite historically accurate and immersive additions in my book.

Yes, and I would like to see them in the game too.

Maximus this is thread about Hungarians units and you put many fine remarks and some good ideas which could be implemented into C2. It was more than simple question about few units. I agreed with you in many things, but my wishes to this game are big. Still got on my mind many ideas which could be doable in such impressive game like C2 BFE.

Maybe we can continue discus these things in question, suggestion thread.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Introducing Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: