Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Introducing Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers
Introducing Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers
MaximusDate: Saturday, 03/December/2011, 9:42 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hello there, ladies and gents. smile
I would like to introduce the Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers in my Austrian army.
As the Hungarian infantry outfit was virtually identical to the German one (except the breeches colour) I believe that is doable if I could replace the white german breeches with the light or middle blue hungarian ones (I am pretty sure that the in game Grenzers blue match perfect).
Would anyone be kind enough to guide me through how to go about this?
Cheers

* One more thing; Is there a way to remove the dynamic glow everytime you select a unit?

Message edited by Maximus - Saturday, 03/December/2011, 10:53 PM

aiidiiDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 7:59 AM | Message # 2
Count
Awards: 3
One more thing; Is there a way to remove the dynamic glow everytime you select a unit?

Editor - - > CTRL+E - - > Game Settings - - > SVOpt - - > SelectionType

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

MaximusDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 12:06 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Thank you good sir.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 2:21 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Maximus)
I would like to introduce the Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers in my Austrian army.
As the Hungarian infantry outfit was virtually identical to the German one (except the breeches colour) I believe that is doable if I could replace the white german breeches with the light or middle blue hungarian ones (I am pretty sure that the in game Grenzers blue match perfect).
Would anyone be kind enough to guide me through how to go about this?

If I understand this right, you want to take an existing unit and recolor the uniform?
As far as I'm aware that is not possible, because the units are in .G2d format and once extracted the format is somewhat unusuable. Even if you managed to recolor them , packing them back up will be problematic.
Just try it out, they can be viewed and extracted with triangulatortrees.exe. The result is .wlr and triangulated .tga files. I dont know any software that can put those 2 back in to 32 bits .Tga format which is needed to repack (after recoloring the uniforms).
Adding a new unit to the Austrian army is no problem , given that it is a clone or you have the proper .tga frames for the unit.

MaximusDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 2:28 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
Quote (EbelAngel)
If I understand this right, you want to take an existing unit and recolor the uniform?

Exactly EbelAngel.

Quote (EbelAngel)
As far as I'm aware that is not possible, because the units are in .G2d format and once extracted the format is somewhat unusuable. Even if you managed to recolor them , packing them back up will be problematic.

What a pity, though.
Thanks a bunch kind lady.

NowyDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 2:35 PM | Message # 6
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote ("Maximus")

This is a hard thing.
Units sprite models in this game are not easy for modding.

There was a IG mods for C2 which used few Gex HEW models, but I do not remember if there was Hungarian units.
Hawks mod was to ACFB game and included quite good modeled Hungarian infantry, but to C2 were not many mods and there were poor units.

Therefore I postulated many changes in many C2 units few yers ago and nothing was changed.
It could mean that there are not many skilled people which can help in such case.

Even GSC developers did nothing for this game. Sad but true.

MaximusDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 2:40 PM | Message # 7
Noblemen
Sad indeed sir. Cossacks II is a very aesthetically pleasing game with so much potential..

NowyDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 2:52 PM | Message # 8
Marquis
Sad indeed sir. Cossacks II is a very aesthetically pleasing game with so much potential..

Yes indeed. This game had great potential but it was spoiled so much.
It needs so many improvments which were discused even on this forum.

I lost hope in this case therefore I started another thread where I tried disusse basic things needed in new game which could be similar to C2 or HEW.
But I can not find some skilled men which can think and work under new Napoleonic rts game.

MaximusDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 3:04 PM | Message # 9
Noblemen
I am just reading this remarkable thread of yours dear sir and I have to admit that I am impressed. I wish I had adequate modding skills to fulfill your requests. Very interesting thread indeed..

NowyDate: Tuesday, 06/December/2011, 10:13 AM | Message # 10
Marquis
If you like C2 game and you are Napoleonic freak may I ask you about that matter?

Have you more questions, suggestions, remarks or wishes to C2 BfE or to new Napoleonic rts game which could/should be developed in style C2 or HEW?

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Introducing Hungarian Fusiliers/Grenadiers
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: