[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Are there no mods fix the issue of bodies disappearing?
Are there no mods fix the issue of bodies disappearing?
Sky999Date: Friday, 20/July/2012, 0:33 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I don't know if anyone even looks at this site much, but it's almost gamebreaking for me to see that bodies disappear in-game, it's a complete immersion breaker, and I can't find a single mod that fixes it!?

NowyDate: Friday, 20/July/2012, 9:52 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Awards: 1
Do you mean dead bodies disappear or something else?
And why it is almost gamebreaking thing for you?

However I also want to to see dead bodies lie in the battlefields, but I know that C2 engine and graphic have some limits.

There exist so many detalied things as like numerous units, buildings, fauna and flora elements and quite detailed landscape.
Game engine can not handle well all these things all together. Especially when units in skirmish game are created relatively fast.
All these elements needs some free room (place) as well as some graphic memory.

Too many objects put on map could cause in laggs or slower units creation or gameplay.

Therefore it is hard make a mod which can fix it well.

Sky999Date: Friday, 20/July/2012, 3:37 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Yes I mean the bodies of dead troops in a formation just fading away after they've been shot.

It's gamebreaking because it's completely unrealistic. Plus it's 2012, and I know this game is old, but after playing modern games, especially games like Napoleon Total War, it's hard to adjust to a game where, with the whole point being to simulate huge napoleonic battles, the bodies of troops don't remain on the battlefield.

I've seen a mod for A Nation Divided that causes the bodies of troops to remain where they fall, so it apparently can be done.

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 20/July/2012, 7:51 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

there are no mods out there that i know of that leave bodies on the field longer, but you could try yourself perhaps?

If i remember well, the AC dead body mod had the string in the MD files as following

TRANSFORMTOMEAT 0

try it with one unit, see if the engine doesnt spam an error back when starting up, then go to editor to see if it worked...

Do let me know if this works or not or if you need more help. If it fails, i'll look up if this string is supported in the source code of the engine.

Regards.

giraffeDate: Sunday, 23/June/2013, 11:16 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
Quote (EbelAngel)
TRANSFORMTOMEAT 0

try it with one unit, see if the engine doesnt spam an error back when starting up, then go to editor to see if it worked...

Do let me know if this works or not or if you need more help. If it fails, i'll look up if this string is supported in the source code of the engine.

Sorry for bumping an old topic, this is my first post here too - but I thought it was better than making an entirely new one. Where would I change this EbelAngel? In some kind of game-file? I really would like to mod this and make the bodies stay, it really irritates me seeing them just disappear in to thin air also sad plus, it would be really good to find out and tell others how to do this.

Thanks

edit:
In some .md files for units I can find lines such as:
@DEATH    9 4 0 75
#DEATHLIE1 9 1 4 75

Do you think deathlie could constitute the length of time a body remains? If so, why are there four different numbers?

Message edited by giraffe - Sunday, 23/June/2013, 11:49 PM

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 11/July/2013, 1:31 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (giraffe)
In some .md files for units I can find lines such as:@DEATH 9 4 0 75
#DEATHLIE1 9 1 4 75

The difference between the # and @ is as following:

For example:

#STAND      9 1 12 0
The animations codes starting with # indicate a list of frames. For example for a different display than the order off frames in the .GP /.G17 / .G2D file. First show frame 12, then frame 0. It can also be used to repeat frames for a longer animation feeling.
This string is used when the unit stands still, the games knows which graphic file to display ( defined in USERLC above).
The "9" stands for 9 directions - rotations ( a 180° rotation)
The "1" stands for how many frames will be displayed.
The "12" stands for which USERLC to be used, in this case USERLC 12 ("EngKriC").
The "0" is the actual frame that will be displayed.
Note:#ANIMATION Rotations NFrames FileID_1 frame1 ... FileID_N frameN ( so its RLC ID frame, RLC ID frame,...

@MOTION_L   9 0 0 19
Animations codes starting with @ indicate a sequential list of frames. These frames will be played in sequence from defined start frame to end frame and will be repeated.
The "MOTION" stands for moving animation.
The "L" stands for a left rotation animation
The "9" stands for 9 directions ( 180° rotation)
The "0" stands for the USERLC 0 ("EngKriG")
The "0" stands for the frame to start the animation with.
The "19" stands for the frame to end the animation with

So if it says as in your example:
@DEATH 9 4 0 75 then it will show the frames 0 untill 75 from USERLC 4 in 9 directions sequentially which is mostlikely a unit falling down whilst dying.
#DEATHLIE1 9 1 4 75 then it will show the frame 75 from USERLC 4 in 9 directions, which is where the previous animation ended. This is the unit lying down the on the ground mostlikely.

giraffeDate: Thursday, 11/July/2013, 1:42 AM | Message # 7
Esquire
Quote (EbelAngel)
@DEATH 9 4 0 75 then it will show the frames 0 untill 75 from USERLC 4 in 9 directions sequentially which is mostlikely a unit falling down whilst dying.#DEATHLIE1 9 1 4 75 then it will show the frame 75 from USERLC 4 in 9 directions, which is where the previous animation ended. This is the unit lying down the on the ground mostlikely.

Interesting, do you have any idea how/what I should change in order to make the bodies stay for far longer?

Thanks

Message edited by giraffe - Thursday, 11/July/2013, 1:43 AM

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Are there no mods fix the issue of bodies disappearing?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: