Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Dialog editor doesn't work
Dialog editor doesn't work
HarissonDate: Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 3:57 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi,
I'm newbie and I want start modding, but I have problem with untouchable dialog editor.Please, can someone help me ?
When I enter dialog editor via Alt+MainMenu or in Map editor, everything I can see is this screen below... (only croped dialog or something else)
BTW: Also I can't move with it.
Attachments: 5219793.jpg (12.0 Kb)

Message edited by Harisson - Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 3:58 AM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 7:00 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hey, you have to press numlock , then you will see the editor.

Aswell moving your mouse to the edge of the screen will move it to that end of the screen. I believe they did this so, so you would be able to see the full screen while editing. Makes sense if you work with it.

I think i wrote down more hotkeys here: http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/dialogs_editor/0-215

And any more questions, just ask.

Happy newyear!

EDIT: forgot to say, its best to run dialogseditor from within the map editor ( not main menu), because main menu has a fixed screen resolution, and the map editor you can set to your own desktop resolution ( often larger) and you will have more space to work with and have the editor to your right and see them both at the same time.

However, some things dont align properly or dont make sense when using a larger screenresolution, you sometimes need to check your changes on the dialogseditor in main menu to see if any alignment of relative buttons and so is properly done. ( will make sense later when you run into it)

There's probably alot more to be said about this editor, i'v somewhat neglected to write down new information on modding over the past year, mainly because nobody ever asks for anything! ( im that lazy) happy

HarissonDate: Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 3:33 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Thank you very much, I have read all modding section on site, but I haven't seen that I need press numlock.
Cossacks 2 is great for his modding tools, you can do everything. I want make small mod, which doesn't change gameplay, just add more options.
Maybe it's stupid question, but what I can move/add childialog without making properly align. It's there any tutorial or something ?
Every time, when I want change position of info panel, dialog auto-align to right side. It's very frustrating to change position of panel.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Dialog editor doesn't work
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: