[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Cossacks II: Battle for Europe Patch v1.4 English?
Cossacks II: Battle for Europe Patch v1.4 English?
SkulzDate: Thursday, 13/March/2014, 6:15 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello I'm new to the forum can anyone tell me if there's v1.4 English patch for Cossacks II: BFE?

I also have another question, I have legal copy of the game I got it years ago, I installed to my new OS Win7 x64 but Starforce makes my computer to crash, can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

DaddioDate: Friday, 14/March/2014, 1:05 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
There was never an official patch to 1.4.

But I have the files needed to make the change. I have translated most of the files so they work in English. but some items still are in Russian.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

SkulzDate: Friday, 14/March/2014, 2:03 AM | Message # 3
Esquire
Thanks for the fast reply Daddio, I read a lot before I registered to the site, I read the whole conversation of you and EA about translating it to English, and I really appreciate your work guys for improving this game.

I'm still interested in v1.4 but can you tell me which version is the latest official patch for English version? Also Im having trouble with Starforce it keeps crashing and is there anyway to solve this problem, my CD is in my CDROM but still Starforce crashes, I own both Napoleonic Wars & Battle for Europe.

MarshalDate: Friday, 14/March/2014, 3:18 AM | Message # 4
Count
Daddio. could you send me the patch?  I lost a german one but it never worked anyways.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

SkulzDate: Friday, 14/March/2014, 4:28 AM | Message # 5
Esquire
My first issue is that I cant even launch to game because of Starforce crashes and makes my computer to freeze for some seconds, how do I fix this?

DaddioDate: Saturday, 15/March/2014, 1:03 AM | Message # 6
Marquis
Version 1.0 "Napoleonic Wars" can be patched to 1.1, and 1.2. both should be available here from this site.

Version 1.3 :Battle for Europe"  is a stand alone game, and must be purchased.

A user developed patch for 1.3, was issued but never converted to English. It was in Russian, and German only. 

Skulz, C2 has many problems running on the 64 bit format. I am not sure how to help you with it. I have worked on it for a few years now with not much luck. 

Marshal, I will look for the files, It has been at least a year since I have worked on it. I do play the game in 1.4 but need to find the files.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

SkulzDate: Saturday, 15/March/2014, 3:44 AM | Message # 7
Esquire
Yes I have purchased them both years ago, I patched Napoleonic Wars to 1.2 and applied memory patch, now I can launch and play it thanks for that.
For Battle for Europe, Im still having problem launching it, I have legal copy of BFE I have e-mail'ed to customer support of Starforce a week ago, but so far no reply from them.

As far as I understand there is no patch for Battle for Europe and how do people play when they have Win7 64bit with Starforce?

MarshalDate: Friday, 20/June/2014, 8:42 PM | Message # 8
Count
Quote Daddio ()
Marshal, I will look for the files, It has been at least a year since I have worked on it. I do play the game in 1.4 but need to find the files.
No problem, I'll wait.  Lol, I havent played since my XP machine died so waiting is no big issue.

Added (20/June/2014, 8:42 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hey Daddio,
Have you found the files yet for 1.4?  Just asking now that I have some time to play Cossacks if it would work.  My old comp where I played it before has died and so I am forced to play HEW which is no where near as entertaining in singleplayer mode as CII.  

Thanks in advance,
Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

DaddioDate: Friday, 20/June/2014, 10:47 PM | Message # 9
Marquis
I have sent you a personal message.

MarshalDate: Friday, 20/June/2014, 11:01 PM | Message # 10
Count
I've sent my reply and thanks again.

Added (20/June/2014, 11:01 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have a question I have been meaning to ask, what version of C++ is needed to mod the source code to Cossacks II BFE?

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Cossacks II: Battle for Europe Patch v1.4 English?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: