Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Dialogs System and "certain" stuff
Dialogs System and "certain" stuff
Flame_MasterDate: Friday, 25/September/2009, 11:45 AM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi Ebel,
I have some stuff to tell you, I think you may already know this but if you don't then have a look

DIALOGS EDITOR:
Clicking on an object (anything, when clicked there will be a Purple selection indicator) and then using the arrow keys moves it. Use ALT + Arrow keys to move it faster or just arrow keys to move it slower and adjust position.
Using SHIFT + Arrow keys on it can help you change its size. Alternately, you can right click and drag an object to place it where you want! I forgot to tell you about this, especially since you were re-doing the interface for C2 NW into your mod but then I thought you may have known this, but since I just wanted to share if you in case didn't knew about it, here it is!

QUESTIONS:
Well, how did you "make a HELP for the Editor and the Game"? I made a help dialog but it back fired since the help didn't change when I was in the Editor.
Also, I hit up with this RANDOM_MAP_GENERATOR thingie, if you have it, then ignore this comment. But if you don't just tell me where to upload it!

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 25/September/2009, 6:10 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Flame_Master)
DIALOGS EDITOR:
Clicking on an object (anything, when clicked there will be a Purple selection indicator) and then using the arrow keys moves it. Use ALT + Arrow keys to move it faster or just arrow keys to move it slower and adjust position.
Using SHIFT + Arrow keys on it can help you change its size.

Nice one, i should have known this, as in the regular editor you can do the same with objects to move them around, i was using the Position & width parameters to move things around in the dialogs editor, surely this is a faster way.

Quote (Flame_Master)
QUESTIONS:
Well, how did you "make a HELP for the Editor and the Game"? I made a help dialog but it back fired since the help didn't change when I was in the Editor.

We already have a Help file ingame that shows up different stuff in different mode's (one for battles, one for battle for europe mode,...)of the game by pressing F1. What i did was changing the text description in the text files and then trough the dialogs editor, i changed the size of the dialogdesk and the canvas of the Ma_F1.dialogsystem.xml to fit for the larger text content in vital.txt, so you get more information on the screen whitout having to scroll to much.

Did you create an entirely new dialogsystem.xml with the dialogdesk, canvas, scrollbars and associated hotkey and txt file #ENTRY ? If so and it didnt show up at all, did you also check the MainMenu.xml which control's the various dialogssystems, in this case the line: dialogs\v\Ma_F1.DialogsSystem.xml
Or do you already have an Ma_F1 file in there (or a similar name, ), but the changed text didnt show up and you got smth like #Battle...blabla in the canvas? If so , you must have made an error in your text description, i had a few of those aswell, but usually due to forgetting to close some colortags and a few more silly errors.

Quote (Flame_Master)
Also, I hit up with this RANDOM_MAP_GENERATOR thingie, if you have it, then ignore this comment. But if you don't just tell me where to upload it!

Not sure what you mean with this, but i have my random_map_generator thingie working pretty much as i like it to, except for the online client side which still shows up the old interface, but thats not so much a random_map_thingie but a dialogs_editor_thingy
So what is it that you want to explain me then? The Random_Map_Desc.xml? or any cool findings there?

Thanks for sharing

[E-BEL] Angel

Flame_MasterDate: Monday, 19/October/2009, 5:29 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Hey Ebel! I just found out how to make the Terrain Editor "lose" the "White Cover" which prohibits you from painting the Layers....It's in the Upload section smile [Sorry 'bout the rusty grammar...enthusiasm overtook:P]

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 19/October/2009, 6:10 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Quote (Flame_Master)
Hey Ebel! I just found out how to make the Terrain Editor "lose" the "White Cover" which prohibits you from painting the Layers....It's in the Upload section [Sorry 'bout the rusty grammar...enthusiasm overtook:P]

Lolol,

Why didn't you say anything or talk to me on msn, I found this out about a week or two ago. I hope you didnt spent too much time thinking how to solve it ;-)

Have a look where 'I'm at: (iits not the exterrain editor , but its the same color thingy)

I'll check what it is that your file does exactly but pretty sure its smth similar. You say you made it 'loose' the white cover, so did you delete smth? What i did was adding something to get it working?
Anyway, sure there's a couple more things we should talk about.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 19/October/2009, 6:25 PM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Just looked at your files. It's funny how you took a different approach to this. What i did was adding inside a new [va_action](simplePapa)--->MapGenerator-->ShowMLayersNonEditable over the ShowMLayersEditable, with the same canvas size so you can both paint and see what happens, I'm sure you get the point.

So just added your file, it seems to overwrite what i did, but, it also shows up the name's of the layers now, which makes more sense, hadn't figured that one out yet, so nice one.

Shot with your file in it:

Also, you don't have RandomMapDesc.xml (or its there but you dont have RndParams editor, right?)
So tried adding it to your game and gave it a test run and it seemed to generate terrain, yet i got a defeat message on starting cause i hadnt set up the starting piece with units from your game. Would be a lot of work but pretty sure you can get it working like in C2.

Also to come back at your first post in this thread, its not just shift +arrowkeys to move stuff around. Try control, and rightclick to change size freely. Or AltGR +arrowkeys to change fast size in one direction.

Sure there's more we can talk about.

Regards

E.A.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Monday, 19/October/2009, 6:52 PM

Flame_MasterDate: Monday, 19/October/2009, 7:25 PM | Message # 6
Baron
hehe, nice to see your progress, I'll catch ya on MSN tomorrow! Actually I meant RandomMapDesc.xml crashes when Generated under HoAE (So much for advanced terrain thingies...stupid 3d Terrain!) and the Random map generator fails too because in HoAE we can't COPY/PASTE terrain by userterrain method! The activation of the MapLayers was done by using shader methods. I am sure you must've noticed that you can create "ACTIONS" in DIALOG'S EDITOR.

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 20/October/2009, 5:13 AM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Quote (Flame_Master)
hehe, nice to see your progress, I'll catch ya on MSN tomorrow! Actually I meant RandomMapDesc.xml crashes when Generated under HoAE (So much for advanced terrain thingies...stupid 3d Terrain!) and the Random map generator fails too because in HoAE we can't COPY/PASTE terrain by userterrain method! The activation of the MapLayers was done by using shader methods. I am sure you must've noticed that you can create "ACTIONS" in DIALOG'S EDITOR.

Hmm, so indeed there seems to be an issue with copy pasting userpieces. Surely you had a 'UserPieces' folder in your data map. I can copy and name the pieces in your game, but on pasting it doesn't seem to do much. However, it give's me a message with coordinates which we don't have in C2 and it also says smth bout 'loading piece blabla' so surely there must be a way to get it working, cause why would it show a different pop up box on trying to paste. They clearly changed smth to it, either its unfinished or smth. It also doesnt create a shortcut to the userpiece in the folder as it does in C2. Evidently at least one userpiece is needed to get started off. Perhaps import a worker(peasant) into C2, create a userpiece, then transfer it, set up the random params in C2, transfer the file's, add an interface for it to skirmish and see what that gives?

Thanks for pointing my eyes in the direction of the shaders folder, it seems to hold a lot of xml's for various things like the hud (minimap?) etc, should have a proper look in that folder aswell.

Yes I know you can 'add' actions in the dialogs editor, how you think i'v done my new interface and added my random map params in skirmish, added a button for editor etc...or, did you mean 'create' action, the second part in simple papa? If so, haven't tried much with that actually, except one or 2 times where i saw it automatically added multiple actions depending on the choosen preset.

Well guess I'll catch you on msn later.

Regards

E.A.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Dialogs System and "certain" stuff
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: