• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Increasing the build limit for buildings
Increasing the build limit for buildings
UrbanFuryDate: Tuesday, 15/July/2014, 8:38 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Question: how can I increase the amount of blockhouses that can be build? The vanilla cap is 3, but for the bigger maps with many choke points, it would be nice to have more.

NowyDate: Wednesday, 16/July/2014, 8:46 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Awards: 1
If I remember welll blockhouses BldBlg were locked in Nations.NDS files.
You could check it youreself. Make vanilla game copy, then Run\DATA\ and open with notepad Austria and other nations NDS files, then try change [UNITLOCK]number from 3 to your wish.

I was never interested in blockhouses, they were easy destructable with howitzers or cannons.

UrbanFuryDate: Wednesday, 16/July/2014, 6:44 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Awards: 0
Thanks a lot Nowy! It worked. smile

I'm fairly new to the game. I bought it a year or two ago on steam and just got around to playing it a few days ago. What are some better methods of defense?

NowyDate: Wednesday, 16/July/2014, 8:01 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Awards: 1
You do not need think too much about defence. Only defense never win the wargame. Nevertheless if you like to play defensive tactics you could read on this forum about this matter too. Generally C2 BFE skirmish game even on very hard mode is easy to play. There are relatively small maps with only few strategic roads between oposite bases. Therefore gameplay strategy is not complicate.

You should quickly grow your economy, create infantry squads, capture few neutral villages on the way to enemy base, make upgrades on food and sometimes other needed resources. Your infantry can strenghten villages defence. Exploit roads choke points, any terrain conditions, forests and neutral buildiongs, cover your squads. Make some cavalry squads, they could support your infantry or raid enemy or stop enemy cavalry. Artillery in vanilla game is strong, but strangely in  gameplay is rare in use. 

However Naploeonic warfare with various arms cooperation and active actions are wellcome.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Increasing the build limit for buildings
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: