[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Create a "hero general" unit (I need some help to understand Hero creation method)
Create a "hero general" unit
MR_BUCIDate: Tuesday, 28/October/2014, 1:51 PM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hallo Everyone

"First of all, copy an .md file ( clone it), give it a new name both inside the file as the md name. Add it to nmlist and add it to a nation of your choice. Make sure you can access the unit and no other errors are present at this stage."
---- 1) What kind of md file I have to copy? I went to "UnitsMD" folder and copied for example "FilliponMD" file
-----2) I renamed MD file from "FilliponMD" to "XMD", I have changed the name inside the file too.
---- 3) I copied the name in nmlist and the problems began, how can I add "it" to a nation of my choise?
----4) After this operations done correctly I have to find my X hero in editor as I find Fillipon or Napoleon?

"Next, open up the Ability Editor, and add a new entry at the bottom by choosing RomeHero from the drop down list.
Give it an appropriate name ( eg FrnNapoleon)
Select the visible option ( tick)
Set the FileID & Sprite ( Icon)
In "Physical Characteristics" (green bar) select at the bottom 'Is hero' (tick)"
----1) this section is clear for me, I have done this

Next, go to the md file and add the entry
ABILITY FrnNapoleon
The second entry has to be the name of your ability you just set up.
-----1) I dont understand this. Can U explain it a bit detail

As I find here are many well informed guys in modding. Please Help

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5fhMp3vQAjxUqY27WD3Tyg

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 29/October/2014, 9:12 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote MR_BUCI ()
1) What kind of md file I have to copy? I went to "UnitsMD" folder and copied for example "FilliponMD" file

Copy the md file of the unit you want to be the hero. It's been a while, so im not sure what filliponMD is, Is it a mounted unit?

Quote MR_BUCI ()
I copied the name in nmlist and the problems began, how can I add "it" to a nation of my choise?

The logical way would be to exactly copy what is already there. In this case look where Fillipon.md has been added. And change the name.
Nmlist is very particular about what it accepts. To be safe, use the same name everywhere, in your case XMD. Nmlist has to be exact. ( capitals or no capitals). Probably best to add it at the bottom of the list aswell. (not sure about that one anymore).
For nation adding. It will require at least to be added in the nation.nds  file to the sections of [MEMBERS], [FIXED PRODUCE] [ENABLED]and [COUNTRY], just to be visible in the editor.

Quote MR_BUCI ()
After this operations done correctly I have to find my X hero in editor as I find Fillipon or Napoleon?

If all works, then it will be whatever unit you copied ( md) and the name will be whatever you  named it yourself in the MDLIST.txt

Quote MR_BUCI ()
Next, go to the md file and add the entryABILITY FrnNapoleon
The second entry has to be the name of your ability you just set up.
-----1) I dont understand this. Can U explain it a bit detail

Litterally what it says. In the MD file you copied you add the line ABILITY xxx. This you set up in the previous step in the ability editor. Whatever name you gave it there use the same name. That will make the md file recognize the hero unit.
So if you named the ability "general' then write "ABILITY general" in the md file, else it wont know that this is in fact a 'hero' unit.

Im not sure if this is clearer, if not ask. Show me the files you are using or trying to setup.

MR_BUCIDate: Wednesday, 29/October/2014, 1:12 PM | Message # 3
Knight
Thank you very much I have done everything, except one little thing

my Hero has no Name smile
I think I have problem with MDlist.txt
IN this MDlist when I change other names, it appears in the editor, I think I cant make it recognize my created MD file

I'll work on it a bit more

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 29/October/2014, 4:29 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
show me the files if you want or send them in pm if you are uncomfortable with sharing. The name is just a silly thing, its easy to fix. Must be a small error somewhere wink

Also, i like what you are doing. At least someone is trying something different out. It's good!
There's quite a few of these unused things in game. Use them & have fun with it tongue

MR_BUCIDate: Thursday, 30/October/2014, 10:28 AM | Message # 5
Knight
I have done it

my problem was: my MD files name was Levan, I copied this name in MDlist file, it appeared that in MDlist file everything must be with capital letters, so I wrote UNITSMD\LEVAN.MD and it works.

Thank you Angel, I couldnt do this job without your Help

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Create a "hero general" unit (I need some help to understand Hero creation method)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: