Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » AI modding question & problems
AI modding question & problems
aiidiiDate: Thursday, 04/January/2018, 8:47 PM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Hello

I've decided to edit nations ai files so the ai will produce more units to throw at me. First I've copied the Austria.ai file and renamed it AustriaMOD.AI. Then edited AI.txt file in Data\Text and replaced the Austria.ai entry with AustriaMOD.ai.

Some changes were made in the AustriaMOD.ai that include more units that the ai will build (e.g.: 360 Landwehr units instead of 240 at start). The game loaded without popup errors. Selected a skirmish map and chose France for myself and Austria for the ai. Got a message there is something wrong with the lva_ASs.g17 file in Interf3\TotalWarGraph folder and the game crashed.

For next few tests I've chosen Austria for myself and other nations for the ai (except Austria). The map started without problems and I was able to play normally.

Does anyone have any ideas what am I doing wrong here???

I drink, therefore I am.

michaelcolumbiDate: Friday, 26/January/2018, 1:07 AM | Message # 2
Knight
Awards: 0
Probably you messed something up. Afaik, the g17 files are graphic files for the interface.

Dont forget to edit the "router.xml". In that file the AI scripts for the nations are named.

Cu,

cooltea.

Message edited by michaelcolumbi - Friday, 26/January/2018, 1:57 AM

aiidiiDate: Friday, 26/January/2018, 9:37 AM | Message # 3
Count
Quote michaelcolumbi ()
Dont forget to edit the "router.xml". In that file the AI scripts for the nations are named.

Done that too and still not working.

I drink, therefore I am.

Message edited by aiidii - Friday, 26/January/2018, 9:37 AM

michaelcolumbiDate: Sunday, 28/January/2018, 0:41 AM | Message # 4
Knight
You better check it again. Or just take the original AI-file and only change one parameter (e.g. the amount of landwehr units from 240 to 360).

A.t.m., I am also working on a new AI-file for rhine. I hope the game will not crash.

I guess the TotalWarGraph folder is for displaying statistics etc.

cu,

ct.

aiidiiDate: Sunday, 28/January/2018, 12:30 PM | Message # 5
Count
What program are yo using to edit .xml files? I have File Viewer Lite but it's not a full version so I can't edit. I used an online editor and it didn't work.

Perhaps I will try with Notepad but it's a pain to find the right spot to edit because it just shows a wall of text and not a tree like File Viewer.

I drink, therefore I am.

michaelcolumbiDate: Sunday, 28/January/2018, 1:06 PM | Message # 6
Knight
I use notepad++.

This is very comfortable because it is able to interpret the tags, meaning it shows the starting and the ending tag if one of these tags is marked/clicked on and it is able to fold/unfold tagged sections.

You could also use xml notepad or any other xml editor if you do the following:

1. open the xml file with the normal editor.
2. write into the first "<>" the name of the file (or any other string).
3. write into the last "</>" the same name of the file (or the same string) after the "/".
e.g.: at file start "<router.xml>" and at file end "</router.xml>"
4. save the changed file and open it with xml notepad or any other xml editor.

I do not know if those changes affect the game. But, after changing files I do use xml notepad with a copy of the changed xml file (where I do 2. and 3.) for testing, because xml notepad shows me if there are any errors/mistakes in the xml file structure. If something is wrong then xml notepad says "Error in line x".

Just a sloppy design by the developers within their xml editor - their xml editor/files does/do not satisfy the xml specification.

cu,

ct.

Message edited by michaelcolumbi - Sunday, 28/January/2018, 2:46 PM

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » AI modding question & problems
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: