[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » GigaPacker cannot work (c++ exception)
GigaPacker cannot work
fyuyang5Date: Wednesday, 20/November/2019, 5:48 AM | Message # 21
Knight
Group: Users
Awards: 0
As you can see, the menu is missing some text, and all the text after 4096 frames in the font file cannot be displayed. I thought it was an engine problem at first, but modifying the engine didn't work. I don't know where the problem is. I have not modified the dialog file.Need me to send you the font file and the translated text?

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 20/November/2019, 6:11 AM | Message # 22
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote fyuyang5 ()
As you can see, the menu is missing some text, and all the text after 4096 frames in the font file cannot be displayed. I thought it was an engine problem at first, but modifying the engine didn't work. I don't know where the problem is. I have not modified the dialog file.Need me to send you the font file and the translated text?

I see the picture ,but it is not clear what you are trying to do, what are you trying to change. Explain from the beginning.
In detail. Maybe there are other solutions, but I first need to understand what you are trying to achieve and what you have done so far.

My first thought right now is perhaps having the 'missing' text in a second file and point to those in the dialogs editor, but I first want to hear exactly what you are trying to do and have done.

fyuyang5Date: Wednesday, 20/November/2019, 10:36 AM | Message # 23
Knight
I am very sorry, I should explain the situation at the beginning. This is my mistake, please forgive me.
I originally planned to convert C2 to Chinese using the hoae font file made by Chinese fans, but I found that hoae's font file has many problems, mainly because the number of frames is too small, only 1936 frames, many nouns can't be translated, so I plan to use Japanese. Chinese character translation in C2. But I found that the game could not fully display the font. After experiments, it was found that Chinese characters after 4096 frames could not be displayed. Therefore, I plan to use GigaPacker to split the font file into several font files with fewer frames (inspired by ac's translation). But GigaPacker crashed when loading font files, so I went to the forum for help.

Message edited by fyuyang5 - Saturday, 23/November/2019, 3:03 AM

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 20/November/2019, 11:24 AM | Message # 24
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote fyuyang5 ()
非常抱歉,我应该在开始时就说明情况。这是我的错误,请原谅。我最初计划使用中国粉丝制作的hoae字体文件将C2转换为中文,但是我发现hoae的字体文件存在很多问题,主要是因为帧数太少,只有1936帧,很多名词不能翻译,所以我打算用日文中的中文字符翻译C2。但是我发现游戏无法完全显示字体。经过实验,发现4096帧后的汉字无法显示。因此,我计划使用GigaPacker将字体文件分成几个具有较少帧的字体文件(受ac的翻译启发)。但是GigaPacker在加载字体文件时崩溃了,所以我去了论坛寻求帮助。

Using gigapacker to create smaller sized font files and then pointing to them in the dialogsfile seems like the way to go, but in order to do that, you need to do what exactly: Open a file to extract the fonts in order to create smaller files? Which you can't do because its more than 4096 frames?
Where is this file, or is it the one you posted on the first page? http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/29-754-4848-16-1570082054
I suppose that post confuses me a bit, because you write that there are 2 files, and both can be opened? So can you or can you not open the necessary file and which one is it?

fyuyang5Date: Wednesday, 20/November/2019, 3:13 PM | Message # 25
Knight
OK, you can see that I sent you two files, 30x30-5k.g17 and 30x30-rest.g17. As literally, there are 5000 frames for 30x30-5k and 2486 frames for 30x30-rest. The two files add up to a total of 7486 frames. The GigaPacker can open a file of 5000 frames, or open a file of 2486 frames, but cannot open the map_12x12.G16 of 7486 frames. And the 30x30 file is too big to be used for fonts.
Attachments: 4181218.png (78.9 Kb)

Message edited by fyuyang5 - Wednesday, 20/November/2019, 3:16 PM

fyuyang5Date: Thursday, 21/November/2019, 2:45 PM | Message # 26
Knight
The files I sent to you before were only part of the Japanese font files, GigaPacker could not load them, and there might be other ways to unzip them.

Message edited by fyuyang5 - Saturday, 23/November/2019, 3:04 AM

fyuyang5Date: Thursday, 21/November/2019, 2:46 PM | Message # 27
Knight
Since the font files are separated by pronunciation and strokes, many of the text after 4096 frames are irreplaceable. The files I sent to you before were only part of the Japanese font files, GigaPacker could not load them, and there might be other ways to unzip them.
Sorry, I accidentally sent two replies.
Added (22/November/2019, 4:02 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hi EbelAngel, I want to know if I can unpack the Cossacks 1 font files and use the bmp to tga tool to convert them to the fonts used from Cossacks 2.
Attachments: 5750273.png (40.4 Kb)

Message edited by fyuyang5 - Saturday, 23/November/2019, 3:05 AM

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » GigaPacker cannot work (c++ exception)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: