Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Russian site
Russian site
DaddioDate: Wednesday, 02/December/2009, 10:26 PM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
FYI,

Your site has been listed on another Russian site. http://internetwars.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2849

Lots of good information here, after you translate it.

But most likely you already know most all of these.

Nice little addition of smoke from the blacksmith chimney, and flags for the towers.

I am sure that this site is not new to you after I looked over it a bit. But a good place to browse.

Lots of information, and history about the game. they even have a Cossacks 3 section.

Anyway just FYI.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Message edited by Daddio - Wednesday, 02/December/2009, 10:54 PM

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 03/December/2009, 0:34 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Thanks Daddio,

Yes I had seen the site and some of the topics are quite intereresting, like that smoke from the chimney of the english blacksmith. Creative thinking that is.
Not sure about the flags, it looked like the converted tower from imperia and those flags are too. But probably all of that can be done on C2 aswell.
I just browsed trough the latest threads there, but I should definetely give it a proper look. There's a good thread on the usages of MD commands.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to register there just like I'm having problems with the RUKA and IG forum. Must be me doing smth wrong.

If you got anymore of those site's with information, don't hold back.

hope everything else is allright with you.

Regards

E.A.

AgridDate: Thursday, 03/December/2009, 11:33 PM | Message # 3
Knight
Group: Mappers
Awards: 0
that smoke from the chimney of the english blacksmith

In Cossaks 2 works

AgridDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 0:08 AM | Message # 4
Knight
Users from this Russian site ask:

The list of questions for Angel:

1. Whether can Angel, add an exit of the data in a format bmp files in the program "CII Triangulator", TriangulatorTrees.exe (the initial code at it is)

2. Whether there is at you a program which works in both parties, - (viewer) the converter c2m

3. Angel at you is available, an initial code from developers of program C2?

For yours a mod they already now can give model of the ship of an admiral of Nelson "Victoria", the file is applied:

Added (04/December/2009, 0:08 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Here quality of a picture is better

Attachments: 4322464.jpg (375.6 Kb)

AgridDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 0:10 AM | Message # 5
Knight
Here quality of a picture is better
Attachments: 4846411.png (415.3 Kb)

AgridDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 0:36 AM | Message # 6
Knight
Excuse, for off topic
Angel, you has translated me in new group and has punished?)))))
Attachments: 6220281.jpg (421.1 Kb)

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 5:17 AM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Agrid,

Thanks for your posts.

About your questions:

- I have not tried to make the triangulator.exe to export .bmp format. I will inquire if thats possible given the format it's using. Right now it exports to .wlr format and I have no way of opening that at the moment. Funny enough, I sent an email to GSC with questions, but forgot to ask about this. I will ask again what the purpose was off exporting it to .wlr format and if it can be changed. Can I ask specifically why one wants to export from .g2d/gp2 format to .bmp? To use Cossacks 2 units and convert them to .gp format for Cossacks I / American Conquest? The more information , the better.

- .c2m format : as I said, I sent an email with questions to GSC and I got some tools back yesterday. One of them is a plugin to export models from 3D MAX 6 - 7 to .c2m format. Is this what your question is aimed at? Because I'm not sure from your question if you are asking if I have the possibility to create .c2m format or do you need it?

You also mention (viewer) : .c2m models can be viewed with the Kangaroo tool that is listed in the CTRL +E options. Unfortunately some of the interface buttons & functions are missing from the data folder. But as said before, I got tools from GSC, and one of them is the full Kangaroo tool with functions and interface. Do you need it?

- the source code isn't available to me at the moment , but in the mail I got they said it was being looked after, so hopefully I'll know more soon.

Very nice ship on the picture. Who made it?

I am very sorry for the inconvenience with the ' prohibited ' page on the site. I have been working on the site and created a few new users groups. Normally you have more powers on the site than a regular user, but clearly I have done something wrong. I can be pretty stupid sometimes ...
I will have a look into it today. Can I ask what you were trying to do when you got that screen?

Best Regards

NowyDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 2:37 PM | Message # 8
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Beautiful ship, however she is under full sail. It is quit strange if this ship will can fire effective.
Nevertheless I would like to see more ships and new naval battles in C2 BfE.

AgridDate: Friday, 04/December/2009, 11:22 PM | Message # 9
Knight
Hi Angel!
My English, as always is awful! And here it is necessary to be the translator...

You also mention (viewer) : .c2m models can be viewed with the Kangaroo tool that is listed in the CTRL +E options. Unfortunately some of the interface buttons & functions are missing from the data folder. But as said before, I got tools from GSC, and one of them is the full Kangaroo tool with functions and interface. Do you need it?

Also we ask about Kangaroo with a totality of functions which it has received from GSC if it is possible we will be very grateful.
The address of my e-mail of an e-mail you know

One of them is a plugin to export models from 3D MAX 6 - 7 to .c2m format. Is this what your question is aimed at? Because I'm not sure from your question if you are asking if I have the possibility to create .c2m format or do you need it?

We ask about a plugin for 3D MAX 6 - 7 which can read and save c2m a format

- I have not tried to make the triangulator.exe to export .bmp format. I will inquire if thats possible given the format it's using. Right now it exports to .wlr format and I have no way of opening that at the moment. Funny enough, I sent an email to GSC with questions, but forgot to ask about this. I will ask again what the purpose was off exporting it to .wlr format and if it can be changed. Can I ask specifically why one wants to export from .g2d/gp2 format to .bmp? To use Cossacks 2 units and convert them to .gp format for Cossacks I / American Conquest? The more information , the better.

Export in .bmp is necessary to have possibility to transform in .gp for American Conquest

To you thanks for attention and your works!

DaddioDate: Saturday, 05/December/2009, 6:11 PM | Message # 10
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Very nice modification of the ship. It is good to see other skilled modders are working on C2.

The possibility of a cooperation may exist?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Russian site
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: