I am going to take your advice and tackle this modding thing. Hopefully I will not take up too much of your time, If I get to be too much please ask me to back off a little.
I am going to list my ideas here, and you can possibly tell me not to waste me time on a certain item should you think it is not doable.
1) Victory conditions are to capture all villages only. Too many games lost to raids on TC by grenadier, or sappers, Calvary. Cheap victory's to cheap tactic's. TC no longer captureable. It can still be destroyed, but not captured.
2) Balance out the nations. Make the nations more or less the same in terms of moral, speed of production, offensive and defensive capability's.
separate the nations infantry into 8 categories.
I would like to do away with Pop limits so to speak. Instead make available upgrades to buildings. The thought behind this is to keep a variety of troops on the field, instead of an all grenadier or highlander etc. army's.
First 3 troop types would be made in barracks but limited to upgrades in TC. 1 TC = 2 militia, 2 First line troops, 2 Elite Troops. Upgrades available in the TC for additional troop groupings costing about the same as housing and additional TC are now but saving the space needed on the map.
1) Militia - fast producing cheap units - low morale, low shot power, low CS. training. (option in Barracks to make these troops equal in power as first line troops later in game.)
2) first line troops - Muskets, Fusiliers. - average morale, shot power, & CS.
3) Elite troops - Highlanders, Voltiger, Black Watch - High shot, morale, average CS.
4) Grenadiers - Grenadiers - High shot, high morale, high CS. produced from the blacksmith. after upgrade, 2 units, upgradeable to 4.
5) Elite Guard - Guard units - Very high Morale, shot, & CS. 1 infantry units, 1 Calvary unit. Produced from palace.
6) Mercenary's - 1 infantry unit, 1 Calvary unit, Produced from palace.
7) Rifle unit - High shot, high morale, average CS. Produced from blacksmith, 2 - 20 man formations, available with blacksmith, upgradeable to 4, then 6 in the blacksmith.
8) Sapper - Built in the blacksmith. - 2 - 15 man formations upgradeable to 4.
Calvary, Same concept. Give all nations the same options for Calvary.
Light stable - 1 Ulan, 1 light Calvary, 1 Hussar, up upgradeable to additional groups of 3 types.
1) Ulan - low morale, high speed production, high CS.
2) light Calvary armed. - Med. morale, med production speed, med morale, med CS.
3) Hussar. - High morale, high shot, med CS.
Heavy Stables - Again all nations have the same options. Each stable comes with 1 formation of each type. upgradeable in groups of 2 each type.
1) Heavy Dragoon. - High morale, Very high shot, high CS
2) Curssiar, - very high morale, high shot, very high CS - shot defense high.
I want to build this mod on the latest engine, patch 1.4 to take advantage of some of the upgrades / fix's already done.
I would like to add a nation, Sweden, mainly because they have some really nice looking uniforms. I would like to use the units from C1. But this after everything above has been completed and tested.
I have more ideas, but these are the basis of my concept. and I want to take this in steps. (baby steps) As I am not sure if I will be able to accomplish any of it any time soon.