[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Rocket bug? (Can we fix the English Congreve Rockets?)
Rocket bug?
AB2531Date: Thursday, 21/January/2010, 1:56 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello,

There are some annoying bug with the English rockets that I would like to fix but I don't know how.

The first minor bug is when the gunner is reloading he suddenly change his uniform to the french uniform and turn back to his old uniform after reloading. I don't know if it is in the .MD file or the art file that cause this bug. By the way, the Spanish cannons also behave weirdly when it is reloading.

The big annoying bug is when you try moving the rocket when it is reloading, you can't use it anymore. It stop reloading and you have to build a new one.

I have also a question about the Hussard rifle. They use "case-shot" rifle, some sort of shotgun that ejects shrapnels.
My question is what does the "damage" parameter do in the .MD file?

It seems that the damage of the weapon is fully fixed in the file weapon.nds

Code
KARTECHFORRIFLE  #POINT 15 10 NONE HI_GRAVITY SECTOR 30 300 3 0

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 22/January/2010, 12:14 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi AB2531,

First of all, is this for Napoleonic Wars or Battle For Europe?

About the rocket: I haven't seen this one, cause i rarely use the rocket, but, if you cant find it in the md file, then perhaps it could be in one of the 2 files that are stored in the folder Data\ComplexObjects. There's a helpers.dat and an Objects.dat . They go over the animation for the cannons and explosions and so. Maybe have a look there if you see something weird?

About the Hussar. I'm not entirely sure about your question. Normally the damage parameter specifies for which weapon how much damage it should do. Is there something weird about it? and for which Hussar ( country) ?

Regards

E.A.

AB2531Date: Saturday, 23/January/2010, 4:32 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The bug of the rocket appear on both Napoleonic Wars and Battle For Europe.
All hussard have by default 5 in damage with the weapon 1 KARTECHFORRIFLEDIM. If you change the damage in the MD files it looks like nothing will happen in the game. I was just wondering if the damage parameter did something else or if it was just indicative for the player. I have tried to change the damage and the number of projectiles fired by the KARTECHFORRIFLEDIM in the weapon.nds. It works fine there but it change the weapon of all hussard of every country and not just only one.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 24/January/2010, 11:46 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hmm,

well I don't know off hand what is causing the problem for you with the damage line, I'v altered the damages for the rifles already for some units ( mainly infantry), but havent looked in to cavalry. When I'll get to that, I'll have a proper look what could be going wrong, unless someone else knows ?

Regards

E.A.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Rocket bug? (Can we fix the English Congreve Rockets?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: