[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Gameplay » Problems with American Conquest and Windows 7
Problems with American Conquest and Windows 7
BanjoDate: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 10:35 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey there.
The downloadable fix wacko does not seem to be working for me. I extracted the whole file (you mentioned above something about extracting the actual CONTENT of the file - maybe this is the problem) to C:/Games/American Conquest/Windows 7 Fix, double clicked on the dmcr.bat file in that directory and up popped a small black window (resembling a cmd box) for a second. Then the whole display flickered slightly and after waiting for about a minute, the game didn't come up. So I clicked on the original icon (which was on my desktop) and literally all that happened was the whole resolution of my screen changed and my wallpaper, icons and taskbar blew up to about 3x the size and a curious, almost windows 98 style theme took over, with all the colours distorted too.

Is there anything you can do to help me? Am I missing something? I really appreciate any advice or assistance you can deliver! Clearly it works for others

If you need info on my system, I'm running:
Phenom II X4 955
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon XFX 4890 1GB
Windows 7 64bit

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 11:07 PM | Message # 2
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
wellive never had this problem... but insted of AC/ windows 7 fix
takes the files from the fix folder and move it to the main directory?

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » American Conquest » Gameplay » Problems with American Conquest and Windows 7
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: