• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Gameplay » ACDN & FB tech-problems
ACDN & FB tech-problems
GeneralGeneDate: Friday, 08/March/2013, 10:30 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I finally got rid of Windows Seven and got XP; when I go to start up ACDN, I get a Bug Reporting System.  When I open AC:FB, I get, "Loading error[2]: Unable to initialise Direct Draw.  It is possible that hardware acceleration is turned off".
Any thoughts?

[HWK]Atsa1Date: Saturday, 09/March/2013, 2:06 AM | Message # 2
Knight
Group: Checked
Windows 7 works fine for ACFB and ACDN, but anyhow, how did you install the games?  Was it with steam or GOG, or off CD?

GeneralGeneDate: Sunday, 10/March/2013, 5:49 AM | Message # 3
Esquire
Off of CDs; Windows Seven runs the games just fine (except for that color problem), but I can't run certain games on it.

[HWK]Atsa1Date: Sunday, 10/March/2013, 6:24 AM | Message # 4
Knight
Group: Checked
Well try installing the game again, sometimes something will mess it up the first time.  If you manage to get the game working, I would suggest to back it up on a CPU drive or something as the likes, as with all these new anti-virus and new OS it is much easier just to use a backed up copy instead of trying to install it with and old (and probably scratched) CD.

Best of luck!

1370349457Date: Tuesday, 11/April/2017, 2:58 AM | Message # 5
Esquire
I don't know why I cannot create new threads..... So my only choice is to speak here.
I come from a chat group about American Conquest in China. Actually I found this website when our manager tried to make his own Cossacks 2 Map......Well, now I was dispatched here to ask for help. 
One member of our group has created a chinese website to  introduce American Conquest and other GSC games, including Cossacks series and Alexander the Great (another interesting game, I think). But we encounter a great problem when we introduce American Conquest to other new players.
You see, there is always a official manual about the game for other GSC games (For example, in the C II folder, a manual introduces nearly all aspects of the game, even some advanced tactics), yet American Conquest doesn't have such a thing. After long time seeking, the creator of our website has been assured that the GSC has made offical manuals for all three editons (1.46, 1.50 fight back, and 1.86 divided nation). He wants to find it on the internet but failed (More accurately to say he cannot find English Edition, let alone Chinese......). So I come here to ask if anyone has the manual of American Conquest. With that thing I believe we could attract more Chinese player to join and enjoy this game.

Forum » American Conquest » Gameplay » ACDN & FB tech-problems
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: