• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Gameplay » HEW on Windows 10
HEW on Windows 10
HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 09/April/2017, 5:30 PM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Right now, the Steam ACFB works on Windows 10 but the Hawks European Warfare (HEW) mod does not.  It appears that the problem is that new dmcr.exe that it introduces as well as any files that rely on it.  Someone told me that HEW uses the ACDN dmcr.exe in order to take advantage of the feature that vegetation increases protection against bullets or something like that.  I had an idea to extract the parts of the mod that do not rely on the new dmcr.exe and repackage it so that it can be used with the original, working dmcr.  If you simply install all components of HEW except the new dmcr.exe, it crashes, so clearly some files are linked to it.  Is anyone familiar enough with the content of HEW or ACFB modding in general to know which files are linked to the new dmcr.exe and which ones are not?  I suspect that all the regular files, like MD, NDS, GP, and sound files are not linked and that perhaps the scripts for the AI and singleplayer missions are the ones that are linked.  

By the way, if anyone is still interested in HEW, the main Hawks clan is dead, but there is a surviving splinter group made up mostly of Korean HEW players.  They use virtual machines to get around the Windows 10 issue.

Message edited by HWKStonewall - Sunday, 09/April/2017, 5:39 PM

batman72iamDate: Saturday, 07/July/2018, 8:47 PM | Message # 2
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Eh, knowing this post is year old, you perhaps still own the HEW files could send them my way? Barely finding the mod anywhere.

Forum » American Conquest » Gameplay » HEW on Windows 10
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: