[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Thirty Years War Mod project (recruiting. ideas. etc ( image heavy))
Thirty Years War Mod project
[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 7:52 PM | Message # 1
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
"The Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) was one of the most destructive conflicts in European history. The war was fought primarily in what is now Germany and at various points involved most of the countries of Europe. Naval warfare also reached overseas and shaped the colonial formation of future nations."

Faction List
Ottomans
English
French
Poland
Netherlands
Sweden
The Holy Roman Empire
Spain
Prussia
Denmark-Norway
Saxony
OTHER Minor factions that will be under Neutrals. just for the units.
Transylvania
Brunswick
cossacks
Hungarian Rebels
Croatia

Units
Each nation will have a light and heavy pike man. Musketeers, Some form of Swordsman, officers and flags. a General and other famous leaders, Dragoons and hussars. or special faction specific Calvary. A halberd and a Roundshier. and A arquebuser.

Artillery
24 lb
12lb
8lb
6lb
Siege Mortar
( Still Debating on Faction Specific Artillery. or just one set.. What do u think??)

New Builldings. An Objective System, Battlefield Objects, Bridges. and more ships. possible bigger trees as well, and all units will have a dead body!

Screenshots

IF YOU WANNA HELP POST YOUR NAME AND WHAT U CAN HELP WITH
I NEED A PERSON GOOD WITH PHOTOSHOP
AND A HISTORICAL RESEARCHER
=]

Non progredi est regredi

CichorDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 8:55 PM | Message # 2
Earl
Awards: 4
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
IF YOU WANNA HELP POST YOUR NAME AND WHAT U CAN HELP WITH
I NEED A PERSON GOOD WITH PHOTOSHOP
AND A HISTORICAL RESEARCHER

XVIIth century is my favourite, then I can help you as historical researcher.

In your factions list I see Ottomans and Cossacks - in my opinion if will appear this factions it is obvious to including Polish-Lithuania Commonwealth as playable nation.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 10:10 PM | Message # 3
From all my research i couldn't find any record of the Polish being in this war. Do you have any Record?

Non progredi est regredi

CichorDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 0:05 AM | Message # 4
Earl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisowczycy

After Battle of Chocim in 1621 (against Ottoman Empire) Lisowczycy again fought for Emporer in battles of Glatz, Habelschwerdt and Mansfeld.

More?

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 0:16 AM | Message # 5
nice. i see some parts of the polish army was fighting in the time. but that means i would only add them under Nuturals for the units. not as a nation. do u have anyting on them figting eather for or aginst the holy roman empire in the early 17th century

added like 5 minits later++
i see the roman thing now. i will add them. as a nation? im still fuzzy about. got any more? also polish uniforms? winged hussars?

Non progredi est regredi

CichorDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 2:04 AM | Message # 6
Earl
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
nice. i see some parts of the polish army was fighting in the time. but that means i would only add them under Nuturals for the units. not as a nation. do u have anyting on them figting eather for or aginst the holy roman empire in the early 17th century

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/load....1-0-325

"Byczyna | Pitschen 1588, a battle for Cossacks: The Art of War with Mod1 or BtW with Mod1!!

In election for King of Poland nad Grand Duke of Lithuania in 1587 was two pretenders to the crown - Zygmunt III Waza/Sigismund III Vasa and arcyksiążę Maksymilian Habsburg/Maximilian archduke of Austria. First one supported Hetman Wielki Koronny and Kanclerz Jan Zamoyski, second one group of polish magnats (like "Diabeł" Stadnicki). 24th January 1588 polish force (4000-5000) leaded by Zamoyski attacked nearly Byczyna (Pitschen) Maximilian's troops (ca 5000 with Polish supporters) and defeated them in field. Maximilian with surviving part of troops retired to city Byczyna, polish army bisieged them. After firing artillery (part of them were capture in battle) Maximilian decided to give up. In captivity he remaind until 10th March 1589.
Battle ended Maximilians dreams about Polish crown."

Since battle of Byczyna to 1772, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Habsurgs don't have reasons to cross sabres. Both countries were neutral or allies and support each other (in The Thirty Years' War like you read, battle of Vienna 1683 and all campaigns in 1864, 1865 and 1866, Austrian reinforcements during Swedish Deluge). Why they are allies? Same enemy - Ottoman Empie. Turkish imperialism were temporary stopped after battle of Chocim in 1621. Once again did it, in 1632-33 war, Koniecpolski who defeated Ottomans in battle of Sasowy Róg (Sasowy Rog).

Quote (|hwk|poppen)
see the roman thing now. i will add them. as a nation? im still fuzzy about. got any more?

King of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - Zygmunt III Waza (Sigismund III Vasa) - was close relatives (by his two wifes) and allied with Habsburgs. In 1611-1629 with small pauses Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was in war against Sweden. Although Polish armies wons in field (battles of Hammersztyn, Trzciana, Oliwa) but lost many smaller or larger fortesses and city main in Inflanty (Livonia). Ended it truce in Altmark in 1629, after this event Swedish army had free hand and could began new episod in The Thirty Years' War.
In 1635 son of Zygmunt - Władysław IV Waza (Vladislau IV Vasa) began prepering to war against Sweden. All action was canceled because Sweden agreed peace in Sztumska Wieś and give back part of territory controlling since truce in Altmark.

Quote (|hwk|poppen)
also polish uniforms? winged hussars?

Give me time to gather necessary jpg files, ok?

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 2:46 AM | Message # 7
nice. ok. poland will be added to the list of workable nations.

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 4:19 AM | Message # 8
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
a General and other famous leaders

Does this mean we can finally use Oliver Cromwell?

Down with the royalists scum!!!!!!!

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 4:20 AM | Message # 9
lol

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 4:32 AM | Message # 10
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Sorry I couldn't hold it in. smile

As for artillery animations *they* are getting there! Not much to say about it.

FOr faction specific arty you can reuse the same crew, but just change the colors for the faction.
I for one would like to make different models for each or something cool. Then reuse the animation for each cannon.

Message edited by Oss - Friday, 22/October/2010, 4:33 AM

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Thirty Years War Mod project (recruiting. ideas. etc ( image heavy))
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: