[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sounds not working (new mod; need help)
Sounds not working
Hambi1Date: Friday, 10/February/2012, 11:21 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a mod for AC FB. I'm learnig a lot from this site and the rest I'm learning by doing/trying (I'm no noob anymore I would say, though it all is very complex). I've come to a point where I cant continue: the sound of units fighting, dying and so on. I've put many many new sounds into my mod. Now I cant get all the new sounds to work. There is no error message, I can play and all, but there is just no sound of certain actions (for example the pikeman attacking). Here's what I've done, the usual:
- converted the soundfiles to wav
- updated the soundlist
- updated the unit.MD-file

Is there a limit maybe?
Does it have to do something with this entry: SOUND 3 #ATTACK PikeEng (what does the number 3 mean?)
Could it be that the source-file is corrupted? (taken from an other game)

if anyone could help me out, I'd be glad, so I can continue this weekend! smile

greez,
Hambi1

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 13/February/2012, 9:06 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Not sure where it goes wrong. Perhaps it needs another entry in a file. I'm not so familiar with AC FB.

Perhaps show the files? (soundlist, MD file, the sound file ( .Wav) ?

Hambi1Date: Monday, 13/February/2012, 7:35 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Thanks EbelAngel, I'm glad to get an answer from you!
I still couldn't figure it out. I'm pretty sure the sound mechanics are the same as in the Cossacks series (I own them as well, though I didn't mod any). I'm sure I'm not doing something wrong within the files, since it works usually. Could it be that its just too much information? For example, now some sounds that usually worked are not working anymore, after I added some new ones...

What does DANGER underneath the sound explanation mean? (though also with that added or deleted, it does not work)
and what does the number 3 in "SOUND 3 #ATTACK PikeEng" mean (in the MD file), do you know?

I'll add some files, from the pikemen and its sound-entries (walking sounds does not work anymore, did before. And attacking sound does not work)
I'll also add the Musketeer and its entries in the sound file (it gets the shooting sound from the weapon, not from the SOUND-entry within the MD file. this works properly, but there is no sound in melee...)

as well all wavs within the ZIP file.

Do these work in your game or do you see the error right away?
Looking forward to hearing yu!

Thanks,
Hambi1
Attachments: Hambi1.rar (1.08 Mb)

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 14/February/2012, 9:30 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
I don't see what's wong with them right away

The number in front off the animation refers very likekly to the probability a sound will play. Maybe thats why it doesnt always "work"? Try increasing that number, to say, 255? or anywhere between 0 and 255?

Hambi1Date: Thursday, 16/February/2012, 9:37 AM | Message # 5
Noblemen
do you have a chance for trying it sometime? Maybe the sounds just dont work at all?
I'll try raising the numbers, thanks

Do you know of a mod that uses many (like hundreds) of new sounds? I wonder if the engine is overextended after some point. As you know the sounds are pretty much all equal from CS1 and all its expansions over AC to CS2...
will update you as soon as I tried!

(edit: just to make sure; I'm not asking you to try the changes you suggested, I'll do that myself of course! It would be nice to know whether the settings with the sounds I uploaded work on your pc)

Added (16/February/2012, 9:37 AM)
---------------------------------------------
hm, seems not to work. I'll keep trying and if I find the solution I will post it, in case others would want to know.

I've got an other question about beeing able to produce units in a building where you weren't able to produce units before. It seems to work with all already included buildings (like the mill, the smith and so on), but I cant get it to work with a tent I added to this nation. The tent was already included in the game, it is usable and buildable, but no icons of units are shown when selected. I added all thats needed in the Nation NDS, I'm sure nothing is wrong there (as everythin alse works)

Is there a certain line within the tent.MD file needed, that hasn't been added by CDV because they did not intend to build units there? I got the usual:
MFARM, PEASANTCONVERTER, UNITABSORBER...

Do you know right away?

Message edited by Hambi1 - Tuesday, 14/February/2012, 3:04 PM

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 16/February/2012, 9:52 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Show me the nds and the md of the tent. Ill have a look.

Hambi1Date: Thursday, 16/February/2012, 7:03 PM | Message # 7
Noblemen
thanks! here we go!
trying to be able to build 18th Officer
Attachments: ENGLAND.zip (11.1 Kb)

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 17/February/2012, 12:39 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
So the problem was that the unit to be produced in the tent didnt show right?

I seeyou added the EngOf18(RN) to the tent you defined its position correctly under [FIXED_PRODUCE],but
under the [ENABLED] section the EngOf18(EN) has been disabled with a /
A unit that is 'disabled' will not show at start.

Hope that fixes it.

Hambi1Date: Monday, 20/February/2012, 10:52 AM | Message # 9
Noblemen
of course, didn't think about that. It fixes it, thanks!

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sounds not working (new mod; need help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: