Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Need help with mod
Need help with mod
HWKStonewallDate: Saturday, 25/February/2012, 7:36 AM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Hi
I am currently trying to make a Great Northern War mod. I successfully created two new nations, Sweden and Russia(re-formatted), but when I tried to add a another country, something went wrong, and the game crashes every time I try to start it. Any ideas what might be causing it? Could it be a GP error? Thanks

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 25/February/2012, 2:09 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Not enough information to speculate what could be wrong.

What does the error message say when it crashes?

perhaps show the files ( mods.gs1 or unpacked files) so its more clear what could have gone wrong?

Could be anything really since quite a lot off changes are needed to add a country.

HWKStonewallDate: Sunday, 26/February/2012, 0:20 AM | Message # 3
Knight
What I mean by crash is that it brings me to a page called "American Conquest-Bug Reporting System". Usually, when I make a common typing error, it gives me an error message, such as "cannot open monster description file RUSPIK.MD" or something like that. But since it doesn't give me an error message and just brings me to that page, I have no idea what to change. Here is my gs1 file:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21373357/mods01.gs1
Thanks

Message edited by HWKStonewall - Monday, 27/February/2012, 8:27 AM

glcDate: Monday, 27/February/2012, 4:56 PM | Message # 4
Baron
Group: Checked
If your mod for fight back only, i think error because limit gp files. Maximum in fb u can add 23 new gp (units and/or houses). Now i downloading mod and maybe i say more after test.

Added (27/February/2012, 2:54 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I was shaking with anticipation of your mod to see the new units, after the installation is not seen, not seen as new buildings too sad I don't know for why need make a mod with 140 mb if all pieces u can write in txt files!? or Europeans like hemorrhoids? XD If you want i can teach you how make optimized mod. Really guys 90% modmakers create hemorrhoids.

Corner of my eye I noticed that the palette of textures distorted, maybe its too give problems in ending results.

PS Shit i really want golden-blue uniform, but not russian yellow coat( and buildings too(

Added (27/February/2012, 4:44 PM)
I counted 35 items. First i opened mdlist and delete 12 positions of russian names, after delete russian nds, convert mod and launch game.
After much errors (not critical) with squads, game tadadammmm:

Really dude its not sweden cry

Added (27/February/2012, 4:56 PM)
Yes forgot, here is your solution to the problem: delete the items in mdlist and for the convenience unnecessary NDS. (Old and new indians, usa, portugal...)

http://glc-corp.com world of AC

Message edited by glc - Monday, 27/February/2012, 4:48 PM

HWKStonewallDate: Tuesday, 28/February/2012, 2:17 AM | Message # 5
Knight
Thanks. I will try and see if it works. Sorry, I forgot to mention that my mod is actually so far just a demo for testing. I started working on it 2 weeks ago. I do plan to add my own units (but not new buildings except fortifications) and I currently have a few infantry models made in 3ds max. I heard that HEW uses the ACDN engine instead of the FB engine even though it is a FB mod. How exactly is this achieved?
Thanks

Btw, the units look much more like real Swedish units when they are in orange/yellow color.

glcDate: Tuesday, 28/February/2012, 2:03 PM | Message # 6
Baron
For why do you need engine of DN? it is less popular version, but with additional features. To work on another engine (DN) prescribe mod for him.

Can you show pictures with sweden units?

Added (28/February/2012, 2:03 PM)
Do you can to make new units? (poser, 3d max etc)

HWKStonewallDate: Wednesday, 29/February/2012, 7:17 AM | Message # 7
Knight
Thanks for the help. It worked. smile Here is a screenshot (single render) of some of my basic infantry units in 3ds max.

Swedes left to right:
-Pikeman
-Musketeer(represents earlier periods)
-Fusilier
-Veteran(fusilier)
-Grenadier

Russians left to right
-Pikeman
-Streltsy
-Fusilier
-Semenovsky Guard Infantry
-Grenadier

Please leave comments and suggestions.

Message edited by HWKStonewall - Wednesday, 29/February/2012, 7:28 AM

glcDate: Wednesday, 29/February/2012, 1:29 PM | Message # 8
Baron
Very cool but I think is worth enlarge a hats (little more, litlle little))).

HWKStonewallDate: Monday, 12/March/2012, 3:29 AM | Message # 9
Knight
I just finished making a set of infantry animations and I am ready to render and add my first unit. However, I need help because I do not know how many frames each animation should be(and how many frames I should render). Thanks

glcDate: Monday, 12/March/2012, 4:11 PM | Message # 10
Baron
Open any file unit and do the same. Is 9 frames directions, starting from the bottom then to the left semicircle and ending top.

you can give your model units? Need strelec russian. Pikeman, musketeer and fusilier of Sweden.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Need help with mod
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: