• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » problem with ALL.GSC file
problem with ALL.GSC file
newmodderDate: Monday, 16/April/2012, 9:57 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
so heres my problem,i downloaded european warfare mod and it works great,and all i wanted to change is few british units so they would be as in original ACFB,which i did,but i got stuck at ALL.GSC file,cause after extracting it with GSC File Utility lots of folders also extract and they are impossible to generate after,so if someone IN THE NAME OF GOD could tell me if there is a tool for generating folders back into GSC i would be very thankful..

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 16/April/2012, 12:40 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

You should use the same tool ( GSC utility) to pack the files back for the game. But, as I can tell, you mention folders after extraction. You should tick the box ' extract as +" when extracting, that way the files dont appear in folders.
The GSC tool cant pack up folders again, so either extract as + or rename all the files manually to xxxx+xxx.xxx. The plus sign (+) denotes the folder hierarchy structure.

Furthermore, do not pack back into ALL.GSC but any modified files should be named mods.gs1 , mods01.gs1, patch01.gs1, patch02.gs1, depending on which files are already there. Any mod or patch file will overwrite whatever is in the ALL.GSC, as the engine will read the ALL.GSC first then the mod, patch files.

Its mainly to save up time, because packing all files back into a ALL.GSC is time consuming, particulary when errors have been made.

(Did you read this?: http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/gsc_file_utility/0-175

Hope that made sense.

newmodderDate: Monday, 16/April/2012, 5:32 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
it made perfect sense and thanx for replying,now i feel like an idiot cause i never actually tried extracting + happy as for making patch folder i already tried that but nothing changed in game....anyways,i have original ALL.GSC saved so in case i mess up i dont have to reinstall the whole game...thanx again Ebel..

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » problem with ALL.GSC file
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: