• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » new nations in ACFB
new nations in ACFB
newmodderDate: Sunday, 22/April/2012, 8:44 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
heres the thing..theres a tutorial in cossacks "how to add new nations" which i followed,and tried to add austria from European warfare mod to clean ACFB,and after changing all the files as in tutorial i got stuck in Upglist.dat file,cause in cossacks there are a lot of files in it but in ACFB theres only ZZur,and when i start the game it says "incorrect parameters for ZZur"..can someone help out..?

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 23/April/2012, 10:19 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

well adding a nation is one of the harder things to do because it involves a lot of entries, so I hope you have patience.

As to your problem, there are various ways to try getting around it. I'm not entirely sure about the following because I'm just going by memory since I dont have ACFB installed nor the European Warfare mod.

Have you tried not to add upglist.dat? Have you looked if upglist.dat is also present in the main folder of ACFB (or EW mod) (not in the ALL.gsc) If it is present in the main ( or any of its subfolders), try using that one in your patch/mod file.

Alternatively, if the above fails, try disabling all upgrade sections or any entry related to upgrades in the NDS file for Austria, simply by putting a "//" in front of each line. The engine will ignore all lines starting with "/".
See if that works, ( in terms of getting then nation in game), then you can work on the upgrades later.

There are more ways to work around the issue , but try this first.

Let me know if it works at all.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » new nations in ACFB
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: