[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » New detailed textures for American Conquest???
New detailed textures for American Conquest???
AlexanderDate: Monday, 08/October/2012, 6:42 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Is it possible for American Conquest add new detailed textures?
Where is the file?

Like this... cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ASKR8mwl68

Alex

ab_99Date: Tuesday, 09/October/2012, 12:36 PM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Quote (Alexander)
Is it possible for American Conquest add new detailed textures? Where is the file?

No you can not add new textures, you can only fix existing ones. Textures are in the files \ GROUND \ TEX1.BMP ... TEX40.BMP
TEX39.BMP = TEX24.BMP, mistyping smile

You can add a texture to a file TILES3.BMP

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 10/October/2012, 11:55 AM | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
As Ab_99 said, the detailed factures are in that folder. It should work given that you properly replace them ( same name, etc...)

What is probably important is that its the same type of file, .bmp at a certain bit depth, im not sure what it is for AC but you could check it in photoshop or another software programm that can handle this ( not paint).
If it fails, do show a sample of the texture you are trying to replace and the one you are replacing it with. (in attachment) (not a screenshot of it, but the actual texture).

If GSC got them in game, they can be changed.

As ab_99 said, you cant add new textures, because from what I can tell its hardcoded in the engine how much textures it can have in the editor, ofcourse with the source code and the proper knowledge anythings possible, but seems a lot of work just for some textures.

Regards.

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 10/October/2012, 4:52 PM | Message # 4
Count
Alexander

Textures AC and CII are not compatible. TEX1.BMP ... TEX40.BMP only change the brightness (256 gradations) texture from a file TILES3.BMP

If Google search correctly translated my idea. smile

MarshalDate: Friday, 03/May/2013, 2:51 AM | Message # 5
Count
Well, I know that this topic is old and that I probably won't get an answere, but I wanted to know if it is possible for someone to tell me where to get the source code?  I have been trying to learn modding but few help me, give advice and direction.  Most tell me that I will have to experiment, but I don't know where to start.  If someone could help me that would be great!

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

ab_99Date: Friday, 03/May/2013, 10:04 AM | Message # 6
Count
Marshal

You want to change the texture, or something else?

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 08/May/2013, 9:48 PM | Message # 7
Count
AI and what ever else I can. 

What I really want is to change AI and formations along with adding troops to nations and kicking out some nations.  But anything I can get the source code for will be great.  Oh,  where can I find the source codes for the game?  Many tell me that I need to experiment and ask here at this site.  I'm hoping that I can get information and help here. 

Thanks, Me [HWK]MarshalBerthier

Added (08/May/2013, 9:48 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Maybe I'm crazzy to keep on asking for help but since no one has answered, I have been wondering if I'm being ignored.  What I want to know is where do I get the source codes and how do I implement them?  Any source code someone could give me would be great as I can get some experience by playing around with it and then hopefully as I get more source codes, I can begin modding. 

Thanks for any information and help that can be handed down.

Me [HWK]MarshalBerthier

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 08/May/2013, 10:07 PM | Message # 8
Count
Quote (Marshal)
Maybe I'm crazzy to keep on asking for help but since no one has answered, I have been wondering if I'm being ignored.
Hmm, 04.05.2013
I responded to you here:
 http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/26-470-1,
smile
Are you a programmer?

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 08/May/2013, 10:14 PM | Message # 9
Count
Well I would like to do programming, but I need help getting started and would appreciate any suggestions. I'm sorry that I didn't see your reply, I had assumed that because I had accidentally posted on the wrong thread no one would answere.  As to ask Lord Gex, how would I able to contact him?  And how do it decompile the AI.dll file? 

I am learning computers in college but not for the purpose of programming, though, programming is something I want to do also.

Me [HWK]MarshalBerthier

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 08/May/2013, 11:09 PM | Message # 10
Count
Marshal
Well I would like to do programming, but I need help getting started and would appreciate any suggestions.

read here: http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/26-440-1

Quote (Marshal)
As to ask Lord Gex, how would I able to contact him?

possible here: http://www.mastersofthefield.com/forums/
I thought you member of the Hawk's club. smile

Quote (Marshal)
And how do it decompile the AI.dll file?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompiler

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » New detailed textures for American Conquest???
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: