[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Unit Icons (need some help finding files to change unit icons)
Unit Icons
AlaskanAvengerDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 11:50 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I am working on creating some new unit icons for a mod, I found the ICONLIST.TXT ad ICONS.GP but there seems to be another file I am missing.  Do any of you know what it is?

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 4:31 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Just those 2 really, and then ofcourse the respective md /nds upgrade section to call on the icon itself.

Something not working?

AlaskanAvengerDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 8:40 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I unpacked the ICONS.GP file, added my icons, changed the .lst and then repacked it.  Then changed the unit MD file and the ICONLIST and packed it into a patch file.  In game however the unit icon square is empty, when I replaced one of my icons with a different one, the icon was still empty in game, and when I replaced one of the FB icons with mine and told the unit MD to use it, the old FB icon showed instead of the new one.

Added (07/March/2013, 8:40 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Ok, apparently the game was just ignoring my altered ICONS.GP because it was reading it after the unit MDs.  I put it in a mods file and everything works now.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Unit Icons (need some help finding files to change unit icons)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: