[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Formation symmetry (What is it?)
Formation symmetry
MarshalDate: Sunday, 29/September/2013, 2:15 AM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Ok, I have been working with different formation types, one of which looked like this;
            *CC*
C******************

That is just an example, I have 72 troops in formation.  The error it gives me is something like "Order line #72 has no sym72".
It is designed a bit like it was back in the American Revolution and War of Austrian Succession.  I hit ignore and play on but this annoys me and I would like to know if I delete the symmetry entries in the orders list, would the game be able to run or no?

An other problem I have been encountering is "can not create directsound object(9)", What is that?  I have updated my DirectX to the latest drivers and still having issues.  In order to be able to play I had to take out the music file from the game, other wise the game will freeze before the intro which it doesn't give me anymore.  I am using a GTX 650 Ti Boost SC with 2 GB VRAM, does that have anything to do with it?  It's a new card, well, its been around a couple years now but I just bought it a few months ago.  I am running from a dual boot system with Windows7 and in 7 I can't get the game to run without some serious color issues.  My 7 system is 64bit with 16 GB RAM, is that killing it?

One last thing, how do I bring Holland fusilier into the German nation and enable it in Barracks and put it into formation under German officer.  They look more like the Prussian veteran musketeers of the War of Austrian Succession than the default German fusiliers.  

If anybody can help me I would truly appreciate it.
Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 30/September/2013, 5:51 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
About the formation, either it lacks the the sym72 line with details on formation boni, or it really isnt a symmetrical formation. It doesnt look symmetrical . That C in the bottom left corner surely looks out of place. But it hard to judge without seeing the entire file. That certainly isnt the entire formation data for that formation.

The sound error is too hard to judge without more details. I dont even know what 'object (9) is'.

About adding the holland fusilier into the german nation, that shouldnt be too hard. Did you try? Because you should just look at how its been added in the holland.nds file. And do the same in the german file. Start easy, add it to the members section, and country section. If that works it should show in the editor. then move on to the fixed produce section to add it in the barracks. etc...

Regards.

glcDate: Friday, 04/October/2013, 1:19 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Group: Checked
advice for Marshal: "learn to count to 100"  biggrin

http://glc-corp.com world of AC

MarshalDate: Friday, 04/October/2013, 7:53 PM | Message # 4
Count
Quote (glc)
advice for Marshal: "learn to count to 100"
  What?

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

MarshalDate: Saturday, 05/October/2013, 0:15 AM | Message # 5
Count
I tried to add EngM18(HO) to Germany nds file, country and members.

Here is are two images that I took.
Attachments: screen0.bmp (769.1 Kb) · screen1.bmp (769.1 Kb)

MarshalAndreDate: Tuesday, 10/December/2013, 2:59 AM | Message # 6
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Well, I see things are slow.  
I finally finished classes for the remainder of the year and its been a pain the the turbine! booze
No, don't worry, I don't drink.

Anyhow, I wanted to know if someone could help me because I haven't been able to figure out how to transfer those troops to different nations.

Thanks for any help,
Me  (Marshal)

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Formation symmetry (What is it?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: