[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 4 (Possible Remake/Improved version of Cossacks 2)
Cossacks 4
kirjasbeltranDate: Friday, 19/June/2015, 6:56 AM | Message # 1
Viscount
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Since Cossacks 3 is a remake of cossacks 1, how about cossacks 4 becoming a remake of cossacks 2? Same nations(France, Austria, Prussia, Russia, Britain, Egypt as the default 6 and Spain, Rhine and Poland as the additions), new units, features, maps, more improvement that may have been left off from cossacks 2.. Your opinions matter

MarshalDate: Sunday, 21/June/2015, 9:50 PM | Message # 2
Count
Irish troops for the French, or shall I say, troops from other countries including enemy countries.  Remember that many troops joined the French because of dissatisfaction with their respective nations.

http://www.napolun.com/mirror....n_3.htm

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

NowyDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 6:45 AM | Message # 3
Marquis
Awards: 1
When GSC will develop C4 game based on Napoleonic Wars they could take into account my wish list which I've done long tame ago for C3 game as well as for new Cossacks style game based on that era.

That was quite long list of features which they could include into the game.

Quote "Marshal"
Irish troops for the French, or shall I say, troops from other countries including enemy countries.  Remember that many troops joined the French because of dissatisfaction with their respective nations.

http://u.to/C1mzCw

Some foreiners troops joined French becouse they dreamed about their freedom. Italians, Irish, Polish, Slovenes and Croats wanted liberate their countries from enemy occupations. Dannes, Dutch, Germans and Swiis wanted to secure their countries against enemy invasions. Spanish and Portuguese were forced into alliance, but many serviced for French as foreign legionaries.
Some former Austrian, Prussian and Russian soldiers captured by French also serviced in multinational regiments.

There also were many contingents sent from allied countries as like Napoleonic Italy, Rhine Confederation, Polish Duchy of Warsaw, Batavia-Holland, Swiss-Helvetia, Denmark or even Austria, Prussia, and Spain.

So national situation in French foreign servise units varried, but French exactly had many foreign units in their service.

kirjasbeltranDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 9:43 AM | Message # 4
Viscount
Nice..

Suggestions for the maps..

Should be larger than the old cossacks 2 maps.. old cossacks 2 maps can be retained, except that they are randomly generated versions, similar to cossacks 1 and american conquest.. older cossacks 1, 3 and american conquest maps can also be included.

(This options applies only if cossacks 4 has up to exactly 9 players in skirmish mode). Player cannot choose the same faction more than once if he/she has already chosen one to play as, and as an opponent, IE if the player chooses to play as the French, the player cannot choose the French as an opponent, nor can the player choose to fight two different AI controlled French Factions.. Also, if the capture opposing peasant is featured, you can build that certain faction's structures, research their technologies and train their cavalry and infantry, possibly creating a combined French, British, Prussian, Russian, Austrian, Egyptian, Rhine, Polish and Spanish super army in the process.. Other than capturing a peasant using Cavalry as seen in cossacks 1, Priests can also be used to convert opposing peasants.

Peasant and Priest appearances.. Peasants and priests should be wearing clothing according to their respective nation. I've noticed that regardless of which faction I am playing as (the only exceptions being the Russians, wherein their peasants are referred to as serfs and priests resembles orthodox clergymen and Egyptians their version of the priest is refered to as mullah,  being an islamic nation)

Bridges be destroyed by any applicable unit(IE the artillery)/base defense structures and then rebuilt by sappers/combat engineers/pioners.

Commander units

I would suggest Officer, Drummer, Standard Bearer and Trumpeter(not feaured in cossacks 1, 2 and american conquest) be featured(if possible) in every nation, and aside from the Standard bearer, they all have a mounted Variant .. If the Cossacks 4 version of egypt is to have a standard bearer, I would suggest that they replace the drummer with an on foot variant.

Formations. (I'm torn between these applicable formations; your opinions matter as to which is more applicable)

Possible option 1: Officer, Drummer, Standard Bearer and Trumpeter should be present alongside each other in order to organize a formation, and not individually as in cossacks 2. If this option applies, I wouldn't mind if some units will not need the presence of either or all commander units to create a formation, such as Egyptian archers and Spanish Guerillas.

Possible option 2: Officer, Drummer, Standard Bearer and Trumpeter can individually Organize Formations on his own without the presence of the others. If this applies, each one can lead a formation of up to 100 infantry and mounted Variants can lead a formation of up to 50 Cavalry. Also, if camel units are to be featured, whether or not it is limited only to the egyptians, there should be camel variants of the officer, standard bearer and trumpeter. the cossacks 2 version of the egyptian drummer can be retained, except that it can only lead camel cavalry

Formation restrictions:
Commander units can only lead infantry and cavalry from their own faction and not from other factions(applies only if this game has a capture technology feature, and the player is able to take control of the other existing factions). Therefore, Foot variants of the French Officer, Drummer, Standard bearer and Trumpeter can only lead French infantry and not British, Prussian, Russian, Austrian, Egyptian, Spanish, Polish and Rhine infantry, and the same rules applies to mounted variants

Mounted Variants can only organize Cavalry formations and cannot organize infantry formations.. also, if any faction is to use camel cavalry(applies primarily if playing as the egyptians, or may also apply if any nation is to use camel units), camel cavalry formations can only be organized by camel variants and not by horse variants, nor can camel variants lead horse cavalry.

Victory conditions would be similar to cossacks 2 wherein a player must destroy another player's town hall or capture an ai controlled settlement.. If a player was able to destroy another player's town halls, every settlement under that  defeated player is automatically under the control of the player who defeated that other player, IE human player destroy's red AI's Town Halls, Red AI's settlements are under human player's control by default. I would also suggest the addition of neutral territory which may fall under any player's control by placing a building.

Here are some of my suggestions for now.. next possible suggestions would be the units.. I'm not so sure for now in regard to the other possible involved nations other than those featured in cossacks 2.. Also, if you have played Napoleon Total War which is also set during the Napoleonic wars, you may notice that both NTW and cossacks 2 featured the same nations, though only five are the most common namely austria, france, britain, russia and prussia. the sixth nation varies.. in NTW, it is spain which also appears in cossacks 2 BFE as one of 3 new nations, while in cossacks 2, it is egypt, and it does not appear at all in NTW alongside rhine and poland

Message edited by kirjasbeltran - Wednesday, 24/June/2015, 4:29 AM

MarshalDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 5:05 PM | Message # 5
Count
Also, create medics and not priests for healing as having medics is realistic and, historically speaking, actually had some affect on moral.  The French would obviously have the best medics, as the French medics were the most advanced for the greater part of the Napoleonic wars.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

kirjasbeltranDate: Wednesday, 24/June/2015, 5:34 AM | Message # 6
Viscount
I would also suggest the ability to recruit hero units or the most prominent military commanders for each nation such as napoleon for the french and arthur of wellington for the british.. they can also organize their own formations in their own general's staff

Added (24/June/2015, 4:18 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Hero/Commando type Units By Nation that players can recruit in a similar fashion as recruiting Other similar units such as Jarmen Kell(GLA), Col. James Burton(USA) and Black Lotus(China) in C and C Generals; Tanya(Allies), Boris(Soviets) and Yuri(Eponymous leader of his faction) in C and C RA2/Yuri's Revenge, Tanya(Allies), Natasha(Soviets) and Yuriko(Japan) in RA3/uprising. If any of them are to be killed in battle, the player should hear a message(IE if playing as the french and has recruited napoleon) saying "Napoleon has been killed". If there are a maximum of up to 9 players in skirmish mode, capturing enemy technology is a feature and player is able to capture all other 8 factions respective peasants, it should also be possible to recruit all heroes, regardless of which faction the player is playing as, in a similar fashion such as in c&c generals wherein if playing as the GLA and player was able to capture enemy technology by capturing USA and China Dozers, players can also recruit Col. Burton and Black Lotus:

Napoleon Bonaparte-France
Duke Arthur Wellesley of Wellington-Britain
Francisco Javier Castanos Y aragones-Spain
Alexander Romanov I-Russia
Frederick Wilhelm III-Prussia
Franz I-Austria
Murad Bey-Egypt(He is the only Camel Mounted Commander Unit and as such, Egyptian General's Staff are the only Camel Monuted Variants)
Karl Kniasiewicz-Poland
Karl Friedrich Wilhelm Von Gersdroff-Rhine

Additional note if the player is able to recruit remaining 8 commanders aside from who is already recruited, IE Duke Arthur of Wellington if Playing as the British; the player should also hear a message from the AI should any of the other commanders get killed similar to how the player would hear a message in C&C RA 3/Uprising if the player is able to capture the other two, IE if playing as the soviets, was able to capture Japanese and Allied construction yards, was able to build both factions' structures and aside from Natasha was also able to recruit Tanya and Yuriko and any of the latter two were to get killed, the player will still hear a message saying Tanya/Yuriko has been killed.

Also in the voice of the units in cossacks 2, I can notice that all units say the same regardless of which faction is being played. In cossacks 4, every unit should have his own voice in response whenever being selected or made to do tasks, IE build structures, gather resources for peasants, and the voice may be changed to reflect either the accent or the language, IE british peasants and units speaks with british accents.

Added (24/June/2015, 5:34 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Units By Nation, though I am not sure that some of them may not fit the timeline, and some of them are also featured in other historical games like Napoleon Total War and AOE 3, and some of them may be used by more than one faction.

Austrians-Grenzers, Jagers(a russian or prussian variant can be available), Landesschutzen(Infantry), ChevauxLegers(Cavalry)

French-Guard Seamen, Old Guard, Young Guard(Infantry), Grenadiers a Cheval, Guard Lancers, Chassurs a Cheval(Cavalry)

British-Coldstream Guards, Foot Guards(a prussian variant can also be available), Republican Guards(a Prussian or Russian Variant may also be available), Light Foot, Connaught Rangers, Fencibles, Brunswick Line Infantry(Infantry units), Horse Guards(a russian or prussian variant may also be available), Life Guards, Royal scots Greys(Cavalry)

Russians-Lifeguard Foot, Semenovski Lifeguard, Moscow Musketeers, Hand Mortar Company, Opelchenie, Strelet; though I am not sure if this unit will fit the timeline; (infantry) Chevaliers Garde, LifeGuard horse, mounted Rifle, Oprichnik, though like the strelet, this unit may not fit the timeline(cavalry)

Prussia-Silesian Schuetzen, Doppelsoldner(infantry), Towarcys, Luetzow's Freikorps(Cavalry)

Spain-Walloon Guards, Corso Terrestre de Navarra, Cazadores de Cataluna, Cazadores Francos Numantinos, Guerilla Cazadores, Regimento de Arlanza, Voluntarios de la Coruna, Voluntarios de la Cruzada, Guerilla Tiradoes, Tiradoes de Cantabria(Infantry), Coraceros Espanoles, Guerilla Lanceros, Lanceros de Castila, Lanceros del TIetar, Guerilla Husares, Cazadores Voluntarios de Madrid, Voluntarios de Ciudad Rodrigo, (Cavalry)

Egypt-Camel Mamelukes(Camel Cavalry)

I would also suggest the the addition of Militias for all nations. I do apologize though if I am unable to suggest additional Cavalry and Infantry for Egypt, Rhine and Poland.

Message edited by kirjasbeltran - Tuesday, 30/June/2015, 7:24 AM

Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 4 (Possible Remake/Improved version of Cossacks 2)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: