[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Map & Scenario Editing » problem with map editor (how to draw sectors lines)
problem with map editor
willDate: Monday, 01/March/2010, 11:40 PM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I am using the map editor. I can draw all i want except one thing. When i want to draw the lines which divides player sectors i cant do it. I cant draw lines of separation between players. The lines that you cant pass in peace time. I see this lines when i push F5 but when i push it on map it draws yellow fields that appears around mills. Any idea to solve that? Thx and sorry about my poor english.

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 10:05 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
will,

hello Will and welcome to the forum.

So you want to make a map with peace time borders on in the map editor.

I see 2 ways of doing this.

One is by firing up the random map and then exit and load up the autosaved RNO xxx xxx into the editor and change the map to your likings.

The other way is indeed by using that F5 button, but then it needs to be fixed. I do remember succeeding in getting it to work a year ago when i was trying out things on C I, but to tell you the truth, I can't remember how I did it, if I changed something or if I pressed a hotkey combination to get it to work. I will have a look in my back ups to see if i can find it back.

In any case, you posted this question in the 'modding' section and not the mapping section, so, what you gonna wanna do, is look for the graphic file that holds the peace time border stone ( .gp) and then make sure it shows up properly in the .rsr section file of the F5 menu. (I believe its holes.rsr or that other weird.rsr file)

The problem is, if you mod it, the map will be for single play only AND you cannot distribute the map to other players unless you also distribute a mod.gs1 or patch.gs1 file.

Hope that somewhat helps.

Don't hesitate to ask for more information.

E.A.

willDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 10:33 AM | Message # 3
Knight
Thanks EbeAngel about your words. Sorry about post it here, i only want to do a map to play it on multiplayer with 2 friends of mine. The peace time borders is that i want to draw, but i cant. Ill try to fix it with the RNO xxx xxx. Ill tell you how is gone. Thx.

Do you know how to erase hills of a RNO map to make it completly plain?

Message edited by will - Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 10:41 AM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 10:43 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Quote (will)
Thanks EbeAngel about your words. Sorry about post it here, i only want to do a map to play it on multiplayer with 2 friends of mine. The peace time borders is that i want to draw, but i cant. Ill try to fix it with the RNO xxx xxx. Ill tell you how is gone. Thx.

Dont worry bout posting in the wrong section. It just wasn't clear to me if you wanted to mod or map.

In any case, I just looked for a back up of how i fixed it, but can't seem to find it, but since its just for mapping, it's useless.

What i forgot to say is, try by creating a sample.

For example, load up one of the RNO xxx xxx which has peace time borders on it.

Then select a straight line of peace time borders by dragging a box over it and press control + C, a new window will pop up, give it a logic name so you can find it back.
Then press CTRL+ V to access the list with saved user samples and look for your sample and place it on the map.
Probably you will want to create a sample with a horizontal line of peace time borders and a vertical one at least and maybe a few for diagonal placing.

See if that works out for you.

About your other question to erase hills of a RNO map, dont know, I guess by using the relief editor? Or placing a flat sample over the hills.

Regards

E.A.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 10:46 AM

willDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 11:46 AM | Message # 5
Knight
Thx again EbelAngel. Well i did my best and now i have the map with the borders. But i have one problem. At singleplayer i can play this designed map, of 3 players. I put 2 for computer and 1 for me. One of computer start to build but the other dont do nothing. Could you check the archive please?

A download link here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/357809778/willprueba.rar.html

I think ill do something wrong but i dont know what. The map is not finished.

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 11:54 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Did you create this map from an RNO map or is it a completely new map?

If its an RNO that for example only had 2 players on creating the map, then you will only be able to play so with 2 players.

If its a new map and an AI doesn't kick off at start, try adding a few soldiers to that nation and see if its better. Make sure you have set starting resources for the third player aswell in map options.

If it still fails, then I'll have a look at your map;

Regards

E.A.

willDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 11:57 AM | Message # 7
Knight
The rno only has 2 players. :( so that i suppose need to do it again. Isnt it?

Do you have a RNO with 3 players and this kind of distribution? (4 squares)

Message edited by will - Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 11:58 AM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 11:59 AM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Quote (will)
The rno only has 2 players. :( so that i suppose need to do it again. Isnt it?

Myeah, also pay attention to the nation you select and color when generating a map. This is the disadvantage of using RNO maps.

I suppose you could script it so that the nation and color changes if it really bothers you.

willDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 12:10 PM | Message # 9
Knight
Could you touch my map to solve it? Or can you send me a RNO with 3 players and square border line distribution (4 squares) and without sea?

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/March/2010, 12:13 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Quote (will)
Could you touch my map to solve it? Or can you send me a RNO with 3 players and square border line distribution (4 squares) and without sea?

I could, but I have enough things to do myself. This is something you can do yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind answering your questions & explaining how to do it, but doing it for you, nah, thanks.

Forum » Cossacks I » Map & Scenario Editing » problem with map editor (how to draw sectors lines)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: