[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Map & Scenario Editing » Scenario editing(Scenario Tool) (Please help me.)
Scenario editing(Scenario Tool)
GerasymDate: Sunday, 15/November/2009, 11:45 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
If you have the knowledge of editing scenario with help of C++ that question to you."---AskMultilineQuestion(?,"#PAGE1",?,"Answer_1|Answer_2|Answer_n") ---" this is function which calls a window with the text of("#PAGE1") and answers:Answer_1,Answer_2,Answer_n.How to select Answer_1 or other in "if(---HOW?---) construction.I opened mission.dll(Campaign of Poland) by one program and I saw this syntax: AskMultilineQuestion(9,"#PAGE9L",3,"Q7_1|Q7_2|Q7_3").In my case I see the text of "#PAGE9"(mission.txt) and "Q7_1" ,"Q7_2", "Q7_3" answers,but in campaign I see instead of "Q7_1" ,"Q7_2", "Q7_3" the text(for example :"Okey","I dont do that","may be I will do that if you pay me a lot of money") but not Q7_1,Q7_2....What's amiss?

Message edited by Gerasym - Sunday, 15/November/2009, 12:33 PM

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 15/November/2009, 1:44 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Gerasym,

Im not sure but try adding the answer entries yourself.

In your script use for example #ANSWER1, #ANSWER2,...
and then specifiy in any text file the text to be displayed for those answers:

#ANSWER1 Insert any text here
#ANSWER2 Insert any text here

The text file's are just there to translate to different languages ,and thats why its using this structure.

Hope that helps?

Regards

E.A.

cossackDate: Thursday, 19/November/2009, 1:24 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Group: Modders
what does it mean?
MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
7Debug/Miss.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Added (19/November/2009, 1:24 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Gerasym, what program you opened mission of poland with?
Answer, please.

GerasymDate: Friday, 20/November/2009, 1:45 PM | Message # 4
Noblemen
The name of this program is "IDA Pro Free".

Added (20/November/2009, 1:45 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
EbelAngel, I did that but it is not correct. In my scenario I see only (for example):
<<This works "#PAGE1">>---------------------------------------------------------------------------->What do you doing here?
<<not>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->{"#ANSWER1"
<<not>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>{"#ANSWER2"

AskMultilineQuestion(9,"#P AGE1",3,"#ANSWER1|#ANSWER2")It only see "#PAGE1" from mymission.txt. Maybe I must write some where in C++ a directory of this .txt document? or what?

Message edited by Gerasym - Friday, 20/November/2009, 1:47 PM

cossackDate: Friday, 20/November/2009, 7:46 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
To Gerasym and EbelAngel
I downloaded that tool and tried to make a mission. But when i press "build Mission.dll" there is two errors. But my mission is too simple that i don't know why they are appearing. Could you tell me how should i make a mission from the first, please i Will be thanful to you.
Gerasym, thank you for the program.
If you're english-speaking, excuse me for my english. sad sad

GerasymDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 9:06 AM | Message # 6
Noblemen
To make mission with Scenario Tool you must have some knowledge on C++.
If you want I can send to you (Begin of my mission with ready map) on your massagebox.
There are only six functions used, but if you analyse scenario you could add your own functions
in your scenario. This will be your begging(write your e-mail).

Message edited by Gerasym - Saturday, 21/November/2009, 9:19 AM

cossackDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 9:59 AM | Message # 7
Noblemen
My e-mail is cossack5@mail.ru. And you tried to ask a multiline question. If you succeeded, then tell me how it should be written down in scenario. I remarked that this 7_1" ,"Q7_2", "Q7_3 in the textfile Mispo1.txt. It is in the folder patch03\Missions\. By the way i should tell you that in scenario editor is impossible to ask a multiline question!! I tried myself to modify that editor, but functions i inserted don't work, in the process of loading the mission i met an script error. So that that editor is useless, and make great missions one can by using this too

Message edited by cossack - Saturday, 21/November/2009, 10:22 AM

GerasymDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 1:04 PM | Message # 8
Noblemen
cossack, I will send you it in the evening , because I am busy and the speed of my internet is 1kb/sec.About AskMultilineQuestion , there is one aspect(I will write it on russia in your massage ).Sorry for delay.

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 4:09 PM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Gerasym & Cossacks, I'm sorry I haven't been much of a help with these issues, thing is, I never made a scenario this way.
The information on this site about this, i got from the Cossacks Tech Depot Site which was run by the Cossacks Engineer Brigade.
Unfortunately this great site has gone offline this summer.

However, if you want additional information or help, i ran a search with the Web Archiver to trace the site back and see if there was anything else that might be helpfull.

Have a go at this tool: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php Web Archive
and run a search on http://www.geocities.com/cossackstechdepot/, or the direct link to that would be: http://web.archive.org/web....ttp

I looked for the emails of the Engineering Brigade:

MarionVonGhent, maidmarion@anime-genesis.com ( last I heard of her, she was moving to China , so dont think you will get in contact with her.)
General Monty, luke@maltby138.fsnet.co.uk
PussEKat, colr@iinet.net.au
SoldierOfFortune, jponce1@airtel.net
Mr.Nice, ckphan01@hotmail.com (the one you should get in contact with, he made tools for modding etc...probably the one with the biggest knowledge.)

Try contacting them, see if any email is still active,....

Additionnally, you may want to get in touch with the [HAWKS], they used to make maps for The Art Of War, but then they switched to the American Conquest series. They are great map makers, and maybe a couple people there might be able to help you with the problems you are encountering.
Especially [HWK]Garnier knows a thing or 2 about making scenario's this way.

They also have an updated ( fixed) scenario editor for one of their mods ( HEW~Hawks European Warfare, by Gexozoid). Inquire on that perhaps aswell, since i noticed you tried to fix the scenario editor yourself. Not sure if its compatible with Cossacks though.

Regards

E.A.

cossackDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 5:11 PM | Message # 10
Noblemen
EbelAngel
If you think that i am interested in the scenario editor, you err. On the contrary i didn't like that editor, because one can't make a long scenario with it. And i am really pleased with scenario tool and want to make missions with it. But you sought not in vain, when you ran a search, i appreciate your efforts. So that you may seek help from me when needed. By the way may i ask you, you're American or Englishman? Your English, in my view, is magnificent, so that excuse if there is in my writing some syntax or linguistic errors or if i place many conjunctions or pile up the text, sentences with many unsuitable words or others.

Message edited by cossack - Saturday, 21/November/2009, 5:12 PM

Forum » Cossacks I » Map & Scenario Editing » Scenario editing(Scenario Tool) (Please help me.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: