[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Need Help for my first cossacks mod (C1 mod help)
Need Help for my first cossacks mod
Hansol357Date: Wednesday, 18/August/2010, 3:30 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello I need help for my first Cossacks mod. I hope that somebody here can help me.

First I tried that one (just give Algeria the pandur unit)
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/0-28

I did everything like in the instructions but it didn’t work.
I also tried it with pandur_Austria(AL) pandur_Austria (I may be wrong but Austria is spelled with u not with v isn’t it?) But nothing of them worked.

I created the patch file and started the game. No problems with nations like Spain or France, but if I choose Algeria and click on play (on the two pistols) I get a error message

Could not create General Object by name pandur_Avstria
Or: Could not create General Object by name pandur_Austria

What made I wrong?

Other questions:

One: Is it possible that a upgrade can do/upgrade two different things? I tried that with the upgrade that reduces the musket cost by 50%
AKA32PL A32 #POSITION 10 1 #LEVEL 1 AKA32AU #COST 2 GOLD 1550 COAL 3700 #TIME 500
COST Mushketer(PL) GRP 2 IRON -50% GOLD -50%

I changed it to

AKA32PL A32 #POSITION 10 1 #LEVEL 1 AKA32AU #COST 2 GOLD 5550 COAL 8700 #TIME 500
COST Mushketer(PL) GRP 2 IRON -50% GOLD -50%
BUILD Mushketer_polsha(PL) -20%

But I got a error message. How can I make It that a upgrade make/upgrade 2 different things?

Two: How can I chance the text. There are always two *.MD files of a unit. One with the attributes (damage, life, cost) and another with the text file (cheap to train, can not fire when …)

The problem is that I must put both in the GSC File Utility and then click on generate but how do I make that? The both MD files must have the same name so its impossible to have them in the same folder. What must I do?

Three: After I solved the other problems. It is possible to take the units from imperia mod and use them for my mod? I only want/need the graphic and the models

Here is my algir.txt file:

Edit: I Have done my first additional upgrade. I copied a blacksmith upgrade (+5 pika dmg) and changed it.

But two questions
A How can I change the symbol and even more important b)how can I chance the message. I can change the price, the price is printed correctly in the game but how can I chance the text what that upgrade will do. For example field capacity +200 should be changed in test, hello world

Message edited by Hansol357 - Wednesday, 18/August/2010, 5:51 PM

OssDate: Wednesday, 18/August/2010, 10:40 PM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Checked
I can try to help as Im not very good myself. happy

The pandur_Avstria has a "V" in it. Misspelled I believe. Make sure you put in the MD. FILE and GP File in with the patch.

Im not sure with the upgrade . You might have to just use 2 different upgrades seperate. There is only one MD. for units I think.
To edit the message that pops up for upgrades go to comment.txt file and read down the line until you see the default one and change it what you like.

Three: After I solved the other problems. It is possible to take the units from imperia mod and use them for my mod? I only want/need the graphic and the models

You can do it as long as you don't release them or get permissions to release them.

I will look more into the upgrades I could be wrong.
Oh yeah and welcome! biggrin

Edit: You can edit the text in ALL.gsc data UPGLIST.DAT file in his line Poland AKA32PL Design flintlock (decrease musket cost by half)

Message edited by Oss - Wednesday, 18/August/2010, 10:51 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 19/August/2010, 1:57 AM | Message # 3
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
one md file is yes,the unit. but the otheris the description. so DESCRIPTION+XXX.MD will need to be added to the patch

Non progredi est regredi

Hansol357Date: Thursday, 19/August/2010, 2:22 PM | Message # 4
Noblemen
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
one md file is yes,the unit. but the otheris the description. so DESCRIPTION+XXX.MD will need to be added to the patch

And how do I make that EXACTLY?
Please step by step, better say a detail more than forget a detail.

I have two MD files, let’s take the Denmark Musketeer.
I changed them both. The Denmark musketeer now has 300 life and a description that says “Test Hello world”

How do I continue now? That the musketeer has in game 300 life and a description that says test hello world.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 19/August/2010, 2:52 PM | Message # 5
well, here is what i assumed happens, you extracted the files from cossacks and u didnt check the little box that says "extract as +" that would be the first step is re- extract all that using that little box( ticked)
as for the one that says hello world, thats whare u place the description of the unit. you will see those words when you press "u" or "I" not sure what it is in cossacks.

im really not sure what your asking from there, because you stated that they were in game, so can you clear that part up for me?

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Friday, 20/August/2010, 7:08 PM | Message # 6
Count
Group: Checked
And how do I make that EXACTLY?

The patch? Add the files you want and put them in the GSC utility. Click File generator. Preferably name it to Patch01.gs1, or Patch02.gs1.
And val-llah!

If you changed the md ,packed it and put it in your "cossacks directory" where you installed cossacks then it should show up in game.
Did you get it to work?

Hansol357Date: Monday, 23/August/2010, 11:07 PM | Message # 7
Noblemen
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
well, here is what i assumed happens, you extracted the files from cossacks and u didnt check the little box that says "extract as +" that would be the first step is re- extract all that using that little box( ticked)

yes thank you that helped me.

I also solved my problem. I placed the Pandur_Avstria(AL) 3 0 R at the end. Now i placed it between the offizier and the archer and it works.

but I still have a problem with creating my own troops.

I copied MUA.MD and DESCRIPTION+MUA.MD and changed the name to
PIRAT.MD and DESCRIPTION+PIRAT.MD

I opened PIRAT.MD and changed the first line to NAME PIRAT

After that I opended MDLIST.txt and at the bottem I wrote PIRAT.MD Pirat

Then I tried the same as with the austrian pandur.
Now it works with the pandur in the algerian barraks, I just changed

[MEMBERS]
PIRAT(AL) PIRAT

[FIXED_PRODUCE]
PIRAT(AL) 3 0 R

[ENABLED]
PIRAT(AL)

IT works. BUT...

when I click on dmcr.exe (to start the game) I get an error message could not find name. However I clicked on ignore and the game starts

I choosed algerian to play and clicked on start

I got several error messages again (could not find name, error in line xx)
I clickes several times on ignore and then the game starts.

But my new unit has no name ingame

what make i wrong?

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 24/August/2010, 5:58 PM | Message # 8
you need to add it to the NMLIST awell

Non progredi est regredi

Hansol357Date: Saturday, 28/August/2010, 1:39 PM | Message # 9
Noblemen
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
you need to add it to the NMLIST awell

I did it too.

at the very bottem i wrote PIRAT

SwzS15
SwzEgr
TurBed
PIRAT

But the same problem as before

question: those files were txt files, maybe I must change them to NMLIST.DAT or something like that

And just another problem.

I copied one upgrade and changed it to

KUZ07AU A32 #POSITION 0 1 #LEVEL 2 KUZ07AU #COST 3 GOLD 3000 IRON 1000 COAL 1000 #TIME 30000
BUILD Mushketer_avstr(au) -25%

Than I opened the UPGLIST.DAT and add under KUZ06AU
Austria KUZ07AU New training methods (17c. musketeer is trained 25% faster)

but in the game (when I play the game) there is no text that says New training methods (17c. musketeer is trained 25% faster) when my mouse is on the new upgrade, it just says KUZ07AU

What must I do?

Almost forgotten:

you know the cannontower upgrade for faster attacking rate?

I wanted to do that with my 18c musketeers

under //tower upgrades

Bashnia(au)PAUSE7 Upg_B_Evr #POSITION 0 0 #LEVEL 7 Bashnia(au)PAUSE7 #COST 1 IRON 1000 #TIME 1000
SINGLE_ATTPAUSE ATTINDEX 0 Bashnia(au) 20

IMBA01(au) A35 #POSITION 0 0 #LEVEL 1 IMBA(au) #COST 2 FOOD 10 GOLD 1 #TIME 3000
SINGLE_ATTPAUSE ATTINDEX 0 Mushketer(au) 12

[UPGRADEPLACE]

Mushketer(au) 1 IMBA01(au)

[UPGRADEENABLE]
Bashnia(au)PAUSE7
IMBA01(au)

[PRIVATE]
Bashnia(au)PAUSE7
IMBA01(au)

[SPECIAL_UPGRADE] ///also tried without adding it here
Bashnia(au)PAUSE7 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
IMBA01(au) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

But it didnt worked.

I want that every single 18c musketeer has a private upgrade to increase his melee attacking rate. If you research it the attacking rate of ONLY THIS musketeers attacks faster

Message edited by Hansol357 - Saturday, 28/August/2010, 2:09 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 28/August/2010, 5:56 PM | Message # 10
no you dont need to change them to nmlist.dat. that will throw every thing wack, and for faster attacking you can always change the reload time in the MD file. cant think of the line off the top of my head. but u can make it reload faster and shoot faster

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Need Help for my first cossacks mod (C1 mod help)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: