[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » upload of mods (when you will upload some mods? are there any good ones?...)
upload of mods
Typh]oOo[nDate: Saturday, 18/April/2009, 10:45 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
i would like to know when you will upload some mods on this site.
are there any good ones?

expecially i am interrested about the mod with flying units. smile

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 18/April/2009, 12:49 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Typh|oOo|n)
i would like to know when you will upload some mods on this site.
are there any good ones?
expecially i am interrested about the mod with flying units.

Hi Typh]oOo[n

Well, I have been busy doing some tests in adding a new unit in the game and trying to overcome some graphic issues, so havent had time to update the website.

That beeing said, I got 4 nice mods, which I have not made, which I already could upload, or place on an external server, cause some are pretty large. Beeing the four 'known mods', Baddogs, OC, Atabey's and Imperia.

I got a few more smaller mods, though i would have to run tests to see if they are worth placing online.

About the 'flying units', I guess thats grandline who told you that, cause what set me off were some unused functions (strings) in cossacks, such as MAGIC 256, etc...I'm pretty sure you can change the graphs of a balloon to a unit, but I havent tested it, I have so much things to do, and so little time....

But I will probably not upload any of our mods, untill I feel like they are ready ' enough'. Most of the mods I have made untill now are separate mods & test, to see how things are changed.

But if your looking for smth in particular, let me know

Im also not entirely satisfied with the download section, since they are all appearing in one list rather then the categories i divided them in the control panel. So i basically stopped uploading downloads ;-) and was thinking of a better way to present downloads. If you got a good idea?

Though this is another small issue, its all these small things that at the end of the day end up on my ever increasing ' to do ' list....

Hope this somewhat answered your question...

Captain_RiposteDate: Saturday, 18/April/2009, 3:55 PM | Message # 3
Knight
Hi, Angel!

Awesome site, I'm looking forward to its completion. I appreciate your efforts to preserve info on Cossacks in English.

About the mods, there are a number of them at this site: http://www.freewebs.com/cossacksebelclan/downloads.htm If you ask the webmaster, he would probably be glad for you to post the mods here if you credit his site in your bibliography.

I noticed you listed the 17th century MOD on your list of game versions and wondered if you knew what it did. I placed it in my folder once but I didn't see anything different...

Thanks!

"Truth is truth to the end of reckoning."---William Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure" V.I.45

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 18/April/2009, 4:23 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Quote (Captain_Riposte)
Hi, Angel!
Awesome site, I'm looking forward to its completion. I appreciate your efforts to preserve info on Cossacks in English.
About the mods, there are a number of them at this site: http://www.freewebs.com/cossacksebelclan/downloads.htm If you ask the webmaster, he would probably be glad for you to post the mods here if you credit his site in your bibliography.
I noticed you listed the 17th century MOD on your list of game versions and wondered if you knew what it did. I placed it in my folder once but I didn't see anything different...
Thanks!

Hi ,

Thanks for your kind comment. I'm also looking forward to its completion biggrin

About your suggestion of the freewebs site. Notice /cossacksebelclan/
It was a site I made 2 years ago for our previous clan site [E-BEL], but the freewebs hosting is too limited, so I stopped continuing to update it and only recently found out about ucoz.
Also i noticed recently that some versions of mods I placed on the previous site ( freewebz) that some of the files are corrupted, like the OC mod, but i have the working one on my computer now.

So right now im still unsure whether I should use an external server combined with this site for downloads and categorise them nicely or use the file catalogue here which ucoz provides.

I'm not sure on which version of cossacks you tried installing that 17th mod on, and did you get it trough the freewebs site?
Or any additional information...
I havent installed it yet on my new computer, ill try doing a test later today to see if it works for me.

Regards

Angel

Captain_RiposteDate: Saturday, 18/April/2009, 9:17 PM | Message # 5
Knight
Ah, I did see the clan banner, but I didn't know for sure that you made the site. Well, hello again, then. I wondered when that other site would ever be finished... smile

The 17th Century Mod came from your freewebs site. I had looked for it, but all other sources I found were no longer online. It has been awhile since I tried it, but I think I tried it on Art of War and Back to War. No problem if it no longer works.

I'm a big 17th century fan. happy

"Truth is truth to the end of reckoning."---William Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure" V.I.45

Message edited by Captain_Riposte - Saturday, 18/April/2009, 9:17 PM

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 18/April/2009, 11:56 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Quote (Captain_Riposte)
Ah, I did see the clan banner, but I didn't know for sure that you made the site. Well, hello again, then. I wondered when that other site would ever be finished...
The 17th Century Mod came from your freewebs site. I had looked for it, but all other sources I found were no longer online. It has been awhile since I tried it, but I think I tried it on Art of War and Back to War. No problem if it no longer works.
I'm a big 17th century fan.

Hi,

i had a quick look at it tonight. I kinda forgot all about this mod. It was made for 1.29 and the gamespyshell would show H 1.29. Its original tag is [MOD_HH_17c_3.05]
So i digged up my taow 1.29 but it seems corrupted and i cant get it to run anymore. So i tried it in 1.30 but i got an error on loading, it was missing some files, which makes me believe, by looking at the file name ' mods02.gs1 that it is meant to be installed in addition to the existing mod that came for 1.29 or 1.30. So i will try that tomorrow when i find some time.

Even if it doesnt work, i can have a look at it and change any necessary files to make it work for 1.35 or 1.30 but i dont know if i should be doing that, since it is not my mod, and i really should have permission to do so from the original creator. I cant seem to find any reference from where i have got this mod. It must be a left over from my 1.29 days, which is like at least 6 years ago...

I noticed it had some new unit names inside the mod aswell, so it might be interesting to check it out further in detail.

Captain_RiposteDate: Sunday, 19/April/2009, 7:24 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Quote (EbelAngel)
So i tried it in 1.30 but i got an error on loading, it was missing some files, which makes me believe, by looking at the file name ' mods02.gs1 that it is meant to be installed in addition to the existing mod that came for 1.29 or 1.30.

By "existing mod that came for 1.29 or 1.30," do you mean it is meant to be installed with Baddog's MOD1? That might explain why I didn't see a difference... If that's the case, I'll have to fire it up and see what happens!

Quote (EbelAngel)
Even if it doesnt work, i can have a look at it and change any necessary files to make it work for 1.35 or 1.30 but i dont know if i should be doing that, since it is not my mod, and i really should have permission to do so from the original creator. I cant seem to find any reference from where i have got this mod. It must be a left over from my 1.29 days, which is like at least 6 years ago...

I agree, I wouldn't ask you to tamper with the files without permission of the owner. It is a pity that the mod has all but disappeared...

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me! biggrin

EDIT: The quoting system here is tone of the most efficient systems I've seen, and I participated in quite a few forums.

Message edited by Captain_Riposte - Sunday, 19/April/2009, 7:26 PM

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 19/April/2009, 7:26 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Quote (Captain_Riposte)
Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me!

No problem, let me know how it works out...

CichorDate: Friday, 24/April/2009, 10:14 PM | Message # 9
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Hi!

If I well understand, you have problems with install 17c Historical Hardcore Mod, and with find links to files.

Mod 17th Century 1.49c (English) - fulko.neostrada.pl/Mod17c_eng.rar
patch which updated 17th Century to 3.05 - fulko.info/hh/modhh305.zip
AI Mod (3.05) - ecafe.fm.interia.pl/aimod.rar
Patch 1.30 (English) - cossacks.in4.pl/patch_1.30_eng.exe

From: http://www.cossacks.sztab.com/comment.php?what=article&id=15

Generally, www.cossacks.sztab.com is a main polish site about Cossacks 1 and 2, American Conquest and Diveded Nation. EbelAngel, you should add it to links on your site.

How to install:

I install 17c Mod on C:AOW ver. 1.29

First step

Install Mod17c_eng (ver 1.49c)

Second step

install patch Patch AOW 1.29 ---> 1.30 (you must overwrite files)

Third step:

install 17th Century 3.05 patch (copy file to main directory of game)

Step fourth:

Install AI from aimod.rar

On my computer everything wroks.
My noticed:
- maximum nation in game is 5 (if you put more than 5 the game will crash)
- AI is odd smile

And framgent from Readme.txt:

MOD is working on: 1.29 und 1.30(recomended), Back to War

Instalation
- MOD must be installed as a last modul in the game (over the game and patch)
- Art of War is not able to run without a MOD after instalation - make a copy of the orginal game before instaling MOD
- when istalling on Back to Wars simply change destination directory to Back To War folder

Changes on gameplay
- 18c upgrade is not aviable
- no market
- no baloon
- some upgrades works now correct or different then AoW
- all nations has diplo with different unit, Algir, Turkey and Ukraine has no diplo at all
- diplo units are very expensive and slow in production
- two new nations Transilvania and Scotland
- some new kind units are implemented in the game
- new buildings like stronghold from AC for all nations
- new formations with different and powerfull bonuses

Known problems:

- AI produce no ships
- some upgrades don't work - attack for Mameluk, Spahis

And at last: versions of Cossacks 1.48 and 1.49c are 17c HH Mod. smile

PS: I'm apologize for my bad english and if you don't understand something tell my, then i try to explain what i mean.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

Message edited by Cichor - Saturday, 25/April/2009, 0:49 AM

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 24/April/2009, 11:50 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Wow!!!

Thanks a lot Chichor pray biggrin

I understood perfectly what you meant. It seems to be indeed this mod i have, cause i looked on the inside and it had a nation called Transilvania indeed.
Im not sure though if I have the entire mod package, you seem to quote a readme, I only have the mods02.gs1 file. Where there any other files included by any chance?

I'll check out the site one of these days.

Thanks ever so much for the information

Regards

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » upload of mods (when you will upload some mods? are there any good ones?...)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: