[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Best mod for BTW? Imperia? (question !)
Best mod for BTW? Imperia?
FrankGDate: Saturday, 08/October/2011, 12:35 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
HI all Im new to the forum but not the game, been addicted to it since it came out, same as COD UO. Question I have is I use the original Imeria mod, is that the hardest opponent one available for playing by yourself? Even with 5 or 6 opponents on VH its too damn easy unless there all on the same side against me and thats simply STUPID - and why dont any of them build fortifications? grrrrrrrrrr

oh and how the hell does transport work cos I couldnt see it in the manual - like erm 10 years ago when I last read it sort of not.

Still a great game though and not found one better !! new games are just so BORING

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 08/October/2011, 1:21 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (FrankG)
Still a great game though and not found one better !! new games are just so BORING

You'r right about that one. These days all they do is try to amaze us with great graphics but neglect the gameplay itself.

Quote (FrankG)
oh and how the hell does transport work cos I couldnt see it in the manual

If you mean a transport boat, you need to align it against the shore untill you see an X flashing, then there is an entry point. Same for embarking the troops.

Quote (FrankG)
Question I have is I use the original Imeria mod, is that the hardest opponent one available for playing by yourself?

I dont think there is an updated AI out there which makes it harder to play against.

At best, when it concerns single player, if you want the opponents to be harder, you should learn to script the AI in the scenario editor , have it create reinforcements for the AI ,....
You can read all about it here: http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/0-12

The other approach is to make a customized AI with C++ but thats not nearly half as easy as the scenario editor. (http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/0-74 )

Hope that helps.

Regards

EbelAngel

FrankGDate: Saturday, 08/October/2011, 8:48 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Thanks for that, damn and I thought there would be an easier way to make the game harder - besides increasing peace time cos that sort of works a bit. I guess there is not going to be a way to get them to build walls etc, that would be sort of like artificial intelligence, and games aint quite that good, not even today.

The transport I was talking about were the mules or what ever that are available in the little hut thingies for cutting trees and collecting stones, mule packs, I know you can create them BUT then what. I have a habit of capturing a few opponents mines and creating whole civilizations cos you get more artillery and ships if you do, so can you trade with the opponents you have captured and created yourself? Nothing like having a couple of more Victories to play with

CichorDate: Sunday, 09/October/2011, 9:06 PM | Message # 4
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
1) Try 17th HH Mod.

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/load....-1-0-87

2) If you boring playing with AI, maybe it is time to play online?

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/news....0-07-25

or GS.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

DaddioDate: Sunday, 09/October/2011, 9:22 PM | Message # 5
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Okay, this go's way back. But the best AI that there ever was, has to be the original EW. They had no PT, they attacked with art, and mortars. They did not make formations past small ones. but they attacked hard and never let up. If you survive the first 15 min you had a chance to win. but that was not easy. To add difficulty, just add more nations.

Once the game started to be improved no one ever went back to upgrade the AI.

And I agree with Cichor. playing online against a human opponent is the ultimate achievement and fun in Cossacks.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

FrankGDate: Monday, 10/October/2011, 6:43 AM | Message # 6
Esquire
I have to confess I have never played it online but we have played multiplayer on the home network (we had 6 computers). By increasing the PT it sort of sometimes helps the other nations develop before they attack, thats the problem with computer opponents they dont develop far enough so it makes them easier to beat. I usually play with 5 computer opponents 2 groups of two and one on their own and good old me. I build a nice big wall and they generally leave me alone most of the time or put up minimum assaults that are fairly easy to defend against.

I think if I was to mod it I would try and get them to advance further as much as attack harder, I have only ever once seen an opponent with the VIctory, I nearly fell of my chair in shock when I saw it.

Message edited by FrankG - Monday, 10/October/2011, 6:44 AM

MrRivDate: Wednesday, 02/January/2013, 9:24 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Imperia usually has decent AI. I love fighting them Humans vs AI in a 2v2 or 3v3 with my brothers. They occasionally use formations, and try to batter down walls quickly. Watch for their arty spam! wink

However, I am currently working on a mod that makes the game feel generally grander (IE AI use large formations 120+ for infantry. AI will also use peace time more effectively ect.). It isn't too hard to do, just making it work is the difficult bit. If you are at all interested, feel free in messaging me about current progress. I have a few secrets to this mod I don't feel like releasing yet...

I speak English. Je parle francais. Mowim po polsku. Говорю на русском. Ich spreche Deutsch.

Historian and C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Basic, HTML, XML programmer.

deli_huseyinDate: Wednesday, 23/January/2013, 3:44 PM | Message # 8
Baron
I dont know about c++ and ai. I m tryng to learn it slowly. but I always use other options for harder enemies

* I make minimods for a nation that I select for my enemy for example after I read about Russo Turkish wars I make a minimod that I made the turkish troops weaker or I made  russian troops creation time quicker

* other things u can do is cheating for ur enemy.. prees enter write "www" and select ur enemy pause game then press enter and type money for 5 times then select the enemy nation building list and build more barracks more stables or many cannontower for ur enemy ..check ur enemies universty and  upgrade if ur enemy didnt search some upgrades. I always do that when my enemy is weak be sure giving extra resources and extra buildings to your enemy, makes game very funny ..
and I found a mod  named "echoes of war" but probably its in russian or polish I didnt try it yet ..if anyone tried it I wanna see his opinions about that mod
tthese are my ideas smile
sorry for bad english

Message edited by deli_huseyin - Wednesday, 23/January/2013, 4:51 PM

MrRivDate: Sunday, 27/January/2013, 11:47 PM | Message # 9
Knight
Hey deli huseyin, have you tried Imperia mod?  It is quite fun, actually.  The AI and the new epoch really add a challenge to the game.

I speak English. Je parle francais. Mowim po polsku. Говорю на русском. Ich spreche Deutsch.

Historian and C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Basic, HTML, XML programmer.

deli_huseyinDate: Monday, 28/January/2013, 2:45 AM | Message # 10
Baron
oh offcourse yes Im playing imperia for years..its really nice work..but for a year I get sick of 19 cc and its units then I decide to make a 18 cc mod  its a submod for imperia for my own use.. I dont know how to make ai so I simply change unit gp and animation datas with 18 cc units again I add a nation to play its Persia I dont know about modelling so I use another units and some buildings from c II and ac..its still beta. and its really hard work because Im doing all the things myself  fortunately I have free time .. but I wanna say that this is the imperia mod that give me an idea to make a 18 cc mod because of its nice AI.. I always wanna see computer attack the walls and buildings wildly.. and imperia has it smile

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Best mod for BTW? Imperia? (question !)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: