[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Slowing down the game.
Slowing down the game.
TheDrinkerDate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 11:02 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello,

because of the problem stated here: forum thread ... I am trying to figure out if there is any way to slow down the game / game clock ... if there is anyone who knows anything about that please give me a hand smile

And I do have enough experience in modding cossacks.

Thanks guys

Tom

Message edited by TheDrinker - Monday, 07/November/2011, 11:08 AM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 7:16 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
I doubt that there are editable files in the game that would allow you to change/ reduce the game speed below the current slowest setting.

So I see 3 options:

- Go check with the Russian(s). They are quite creative and still active with Cossacks. Particularly LCN ( http://en.newlcn.com/ ). I recall they had some rather unusual tools there. ( perhaps look on the forum as well with a translator...)(--> Check for the CPUKiller, havent tried it though, let me know if its any good)
- Go to the steam forums. GSC recently released the game again trough the valve game platform. One off the developpers ( ManOWar) is providing support there and with a bit off luck he might pick it up.
- A change to the actual engine, if possible by pointing to a new editable file , but for that one would need to find someone who has the source code, the knowledge to do such change and has the time to implement such change.

Regards

E.A.

TheDrinkerDate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 9:27 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Thank you very much for your quick reply smile

Nice idea with the steam and LCN forums, I'll try there.

Otherwise I have the same opinion as you about an editable file which would change game speed or about a change to the source-code which is highly unlikely. I have tried CPUKiller and a few similiar applications but without any considerable results with the exception of CPUgrab which I'm trying at the moment and cannot tell you yet - it slows down the entire application, comprising the cossacks network communication (which causes increased lag) and interface (slow mouse/screen movement) so it seems more a nuisance than a solution.

I will report if I get to know anything, thanks again smile

Bye

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Slowing down the game.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: