[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Cossacks on Android (What? Really? Kinda. Maybe. Who knows really?)
Cossacks on Android
IenzoDate: Friday, 15/March/2013, 11:27 AM | Message # 1
Viscount
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
Okay, the title above is actually pretty misleading. 
I'll give you the pictures to see what I'm talking about. 

I assure you, that is exactly what it looks like. That seems to be Cossacks running on an Android tablet.
But not really. I used a remote desktop protocol using Splashtop 2 to play Cossacks on a tablet. It really isn't running on a tablet; the tablet outsources all the computing to my laptop, enabling me to play at relatively good speeds. 
So more accurately, it is Cossacks on remote desktop via Android. 

How is the gameplay? Hard. The interface would have been a nighmare if I were not using Samsung Galaxy Note's SPen. When I press the button on the SPen, O emulate a right click; if I were using just my finger, I would have to use some other difficult method. The pro version of Spashtop would provide a better custom user interface for playing games, if you are interested. 

Anyway, on my tests, I see that playing Cossacks is not so bad on a tablet. Sure the interface is difficult to use, but with tweaking, I can totally see it working. Of course porting the game to Android will be a nightmare for what is left of CDV if they ever decide to try it.

Update your Cossacks and American Conquest Icons to a more modern look!
Ditch Windows, use Linux and still use the best RTS game in the world Cossacks!

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Cossacks on Android (What? Really? Kinda. Maybe. Who knows really?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: