• »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Help with the interface
Help with the interface
Antr4citeDate: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 7:38 AM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Every time I try to convert a BMP list to a GP file (Cossacks:EW) I get this kind of result:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong:

1. I run GPView to extract the BMP list

2. I check if the extracted files are OK

3. And I run MegaPack to create the GP file with the following settings:

Message edited by Antr4cite - Monday, 22/July/2013, 8:21 PM

ab_99Date: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 8:28 AM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
use mode "Simple packing image"
with the proviso that the top and left Pictures have a background

Message edited by ab_99 - Saturday, 20/July/2013, 8:32 AM

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 9:57 AM | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Normally you dont need to select simple packing image. It always works for me with the default packing gradient image.

This looks more like a colour palette issue. You may have messed up your folders 0 & 1 when experimenting for those interface files(?). I'd reinstall the GP arch and ensure you are using the colour paletters for Cossacks I ( the ones I put in the 'FOR COSSACKS" folder). Make sure you dont overwrite the existing one's, but delete the one's in your GP arch and then copy the ones from the FOR COSSACKS folder.

Also im assuming that you are testing to repack your interface files later, but if you aren't and you are trying to repack buildings, mind the national colour, the way you are doing it, its all gonna be blue in game without fixing it before repacking.

Antr4citeDate: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 1:59 PM | Message # 4
Knight
Quote (EbelAngel)
You may have messed up your folders 0 & 1 when experimenting for those interface files(?). I'd reinstall the GP arch and ensure you are using the colour paletters for Cossacks I ( the ones I put in the 'FOR COSSACKS" folder). Make sure you dont overwrite the existing one's, but delete the one's in your GP arch and then copy the ones from the FOR COSSACKS folder.

Clean install: Extract GPArch from "5_GpArch.rar" to path "C:\" [check]
Delete folder "0" and "1"and replace with the same folders from "FOR COSSACKS" [check]
Use MegaPack with default settings and Palette 1 [check]

Blurry result [check check]

I attached the original file "AKABR.gp", from the GOG edition, that I'm using to test the BMP to GP conversion. Can you please test if you can extract and convert it again with success, using the steps you mentioned? I would be very appreciated.

Quote (EbelAngel)
Also im assuming that you are testing to repack your interface files later, but if you aren't and you are trying to repack buildings, mind the national colour, the way you are doing it, its all gonna be blue in game without fixing it before repacking.
Yes this is just a test. I was getting this results with the interface files and I didn't know if it was a specific problem with those files, so I tested the common GP files (buildings and units).

Quote (ab_99)
use mode "Simple packing image" with the proviso that the top and left Pictures have a background

With "Simple packing image" I get a black image result. With "Simple packing image" and the pure green background I get the same blurry result.
Attachments: AKABR.gp (129.4 Kb)

Message edited by Antr4cite - Saturday, 20/July/2013, 3:24 PM

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 3:35 PM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Ok; that was confusing. If i use your AKABR.gp i get the blury colours too. If I use my AKABR.gp from back to war it works all just fine.
Never had this before.
?

ab_99, can you try?

ab_99Date: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 4:35 PM | Message # 6
Count
Quote (EbelAngel)
ab_99, can you try?
checked,I have no problems.
Obviously an error in palettes

Antr4citeDate: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 5:47 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Quote (EbelAngel)
Ok; that was confusing. If i use your AKABR.gp i get the blury colours too. If I use my AKABR.gp from back to war it works all just fine.

I've tested the AKABR.gp from the 3 versions (EW,AW,BW) and from the English (GOG) and Spanish edition (FXInteractive). All 6 tests were unsuccessful. I don't understand.

I noticed that if I use the "0" & "1" from the "FOR AC" to view the previous blurry gp files I can see them almost fine with the exception of some colours missing and some frames messed up:

File: BORDER.GP

View from original GP - 0 & 1 from "FOR COSSACKS"

Frame 4

Frame 16

View from converted GP - 0 & 1 from "FOR COSSACKS"

Frame 4

Frame 16

View from converted GP - 0 & 1 from "FOR AC"

Frame 4

Frame 16

Quote (ab_99)
checked,I have no problems. Obviously an error in palettes

Are you using the GPArch package available from this site? Can you please upload/attach you version?

One more favor: Can you test the interface file "border.gp" (extract to bmp and rebuild to gp) and then check if the frame 16 is ok:

Attachments: BORDER.gp (206.6 Kb)

ab_99Date: Saturday, 20/July/2013, 10:02 PM | Message # 8
Count
Quote (Antr4cite)
Are you using the GPArch package available from this site? Can you please upload/attach you version? One more favor: Can you test the interface file "border.gp" (extract to bmp and rebuild to gp) and then check if the frame 16 is ok:
you do not carefully read: "use mode" Simple packing image "
with the proviso that the top and left Pictures have a background "

I packed with the regime "FULL ALPHA (Good & Slow)" ( "border.gp" ).
You will need to correct  the mask.

Antr4citeDate: Sunday, 21/July/2013, 2:16 AM | Message # 9
Knight
Quote (ab_99)
you do not carefully read: "use mode" Simple packing image " with the proviso that the top and left Pictures have a background " I packed with the regime "FULL ALPHA (Good & Slow)" ( "border.gp" ). You will need to correct  the mask.

Thanks... it works.

My first modification:

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 21/July/2013, 10:30 AM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Glad you figured it out

happy

@ab_99: Can I ask why you pack with FULL ALPHA ( good and slow ) and not gradient packed image ( default setting). I tried both and I dont see any difference in size of the gp (kb) or visual differences.

And while we are talking about megapack , what are the other options for? and what is palette 2 and 3 for?

Message edited by EbelAngel - Sunday, 21/July/2013, 11:10 AM

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Help with the interface
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: